Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couture Boutique

Options
  • 20-12-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, am just wondering if anyone has shopped here before? My friend bought a dress in there and found a hole in it and the shop refused to give a refund. Their customer service was shocking! I feel really sorry for my friend cos she paid a fortune for her and now she has no dress and is nearly €500 down as well! They said only option was repair but when she went back to see the "repair" today there was still a hole in it! Does anyone know the legal ins and outs??

Comments

This thread probably doesn't belong here... But..

Under the sales of goods and supply of services act 1980, she is entitled to a repair, refund or replacement.

This dress was obviously not of merchantable quality and therefore she is entitled to a full refund.

Tell her to go back to the shop, complain, quote this act and if they still fail to do anything about it, contact the small claims court.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Consumer Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This thread probably doesn't belong here... But..

Under the sales of goods and supply of services act 1980, she is entitled to a repair, refund or replacement.

This dress was obviously not of merchantable quality and therefore she is entitled to a full refund.

Tell her to go back to the shop, complain, quote this act and if they still fail to do anything about it, contact the small claims court.
    Ava is 100% correct here.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

It costs €15 to lodge a case with the Small Claims Court and an application can be done online.

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/pagecurrent/224D3F40A61421D280256DA6002EB56B?opendocument&l=en

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She is entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. As the shop has tried the repair route, it is now time for them to replace or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gerflaherty

basically since my last post, friend has written a letter to shop owner giving her ten days to return the money or she will file with scc. i just cant believe the lies the shop owner told my friend just because she knew her rights and fought for herself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement