Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip flask in the city

Options
  • 20-12-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Looking to pick up a hipflask, anyone know any shops in the city that sells them? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

That little off license beside Argos sells them (or used to anyway). Got one for the grandfather a few years ago. Can't remember the name of the place.

If they don't sell them anymore, Argos may be worth a shot while you are in the area.

edit: just had a search on Google maps and J&K Walsh is the name of the place. It's not directly beside Argos, right beside Jack and Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Try Funk It or the You Choose shop perhaps.

Like the above I reckon Argos will defo have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I remember the pound shop had them a while ago not sure if there any good

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That little off license beside Argos sells them (or used to anyway). Got one for the grandfather a few years ago. Can't remember the name of the place.

If they don't sell them anymore, Argos may be worth a shot while you are in the area.

edit: just had a search on Google maps and J&K Walsh is the name of the place. It's not directly beside Argos, right beside Jack and Jones.

Was that place not closed up long ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ask howdo or tawdy i,m sure they,ll point ya in the right direction!!! if all else fails just get a paper cup from mcdonalds lol

• Advertisement

funkyouup wrote: »
    Was that place not closed up long ago?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. It looked open the last time I passed it. No shutters over the door or windows and there was a lit window display. I definitely got a good hipflask in there about 4/5 years ago. I remember he had a good range of Swiss Army knives aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

on a serious note try the army shop on the quay!!!

Aye i was only thinking of the army shop there, if i go in there ill surely spend money on something i dont need tho:)

Honestly, I'm not sure. It looked open the last time I passed it. No shutters over the door or windows and there was a lit window display. I definitely got a good hipflask in there about 4/5 years ago. I remember he had a good range of Swiss Army knives aswell.

Thats the tobacconist shop i think, that place is gone for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

the cobblers in georges court used to have a few, I get my zippo stuff in there and would be my first port of call. They do lots of little nik nacks, like cuff link, tie pins and money clips, fairly sure I've seen hip flasks too. love that shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

€2 shop one
    bought one in funk it for about 15 quid and the lid didn't even seal peoperly on it but the €2 shop one done the job

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

TKMAXX

Not really after a super cheap one, and id rather go with the paper cup idea than buying anything out of funk it.
    Have plenty of options now so thanks:)

funkyouup wrote: »
    Thats the tobacconist shop i think, that place is gone for years.

You're dead right, it was the tobacconist shop now that you say it. It was down around that area as well though wasn't it?

Sorry about that. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

i got one in the 2 euro shop recently

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Bought one in World Wide Wines out by Ardkeen a year ago......but if you can get one in the 2 euro shop, I'd try there first.
    :)

Advertisement