Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get into a Social Work masters with a failed subject on my record?

Options
  • 20-12-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

I'm interested in applying for a masters in social work. However, I failed an exam last semester and need to repeat it this semester. When I pass, I will be given a 'PASS' grade. I do have a 2:1 though, and will have completed all my volunteer work by then.

Do you think this pass grade will hinder my chances??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nawapatr

Hi! I'm currently on the Masters in Social Work in NUIG in 1st year and one of my classmates was offered her place on the condition that she pass her exam that she had failed. So my advice is to still apply and chances are that you will be offered a conditional offer provided you pass the repeat exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm in a PhD, and I have 2 failed subjects on my record. They're not the kind of thing people get that worked up about - worst case scenario you'll be asked to explain why if there's an interview stage. I'm pretty sure my transcript wasn't examined in too much detail though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sherrybomb

Great! Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Christinalit

nawapatr wrote: »
    Hi! I'm currently on the Masters in Social Work in NUIG in 1st year and one of my classmates was offered her place on the condition that she pass her exam that she had failed. So my advice is to still apply and chances are that you will be offered a conditional offer provided you pass the repeat exam.

Hi have applied for the masters in social work in galway am really hoping that i will get called for an interview! do you mind me asking how much experience that class in general had before entering the course? and if you know what are important to nuig in the interview process? thanks for any replies :):)

Advertisement