Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Made Cakes

Options
  • 20-12-2011 8:27pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So Christmas is right around the corner and I am looking for recommendations for people who make really nice home made cakes (desserts like Chocolate Cakes, Pavlovas, etc) for Christmas. The person we usually used has stopped doing it here in Tramore.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Have a look on the facebook at The Boho Kitchen or Gracie's Buns, both really talented girls who are very helpful and friendly. They have pics of their work up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

There's a cake shop on Michael street that looks absolutely delicious. Never went in there myself but it looks good and home made. It should be just across from where pure used to be, or close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i wouldnt go past Candice in Boho Kitchen..her cakes are gorgeous, she's in Ardkeen market i think on Sundays..thought I saw on her Facebook though she's up to her eyes and not taking any orders until after christmas but that could be just for christmas cakes and not desserts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I can recommend Trudie who had a place in Tramore, she lives in Kill, her desserts and cakes are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Glebe House bakery in Tramore. Fab! Highly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Theres a serious amount of people after setting up small cake businesses you should have not trouble a quick facebook search should find someone for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I saw on her Facebook though she's up to her eyes and not taking any orders until after christmas

So you could say shes rolling in the doh

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

I'd definately recommend Gracie's Buns!!

Have ordered off her several times and never disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Definitely recommend Gracie's Buns. She's a sound head to deal with and her stuff is delicious. Have a look on facebook for some pics and contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

jayboi wrote: »
    So you could say shes rolling in the doh

*baddum dish (or whatever noise cymbals make, thats the noise in my head translated)
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers folks, hoping we can get sorted. Waiting on a confirmation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

If you're ever stuck for a pavlova Ardkeen sell proper pavlova bases (not the processed ones) just bung whipped cream and whatever fruit you like on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

I'm dough from head to toe lads :P No more stuff for xmas but New Year is free and clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

jesus sorry Sully didn't see this till now I'd have made ya a pavlova, anytime you fancy one give us a holler I made 7 yesterday

Advertisement