Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Kilteragh in Dooradoyle like as an area?

• 20-12-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what Kilteragh is like as an area to live in? Rundown or well maintained, safe or dodgy, that kind of thing.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

its a nice area i wouldn't class it as dodgy in the slightest,few wannabe scobes here and there but you get them everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

its grand no1 you couldnt kick up the arse or tell their parents on them and that'd be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kilteragh is in decline - Also some would say that McInerneys did a really sneaky thing there (before going bust) in that they built on every Sq metre they could get away with and then when they had sold 99% of the houses they threw up the big appartment block at the back.

- Also as far as I know the Drug Dealer who was the actual target of that shooting in Kilteragh still lives there using the population/built up area for his own security (as well as having had the windows replaced with bullet-proof glass).

The main green and smaller one have both had broken glass on them for as long as I can remember and recently there is people dumping bin bags on their way out of the estate.

Pity really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    Kilteragh is in decline - Also some would say that McInerneys did a really sneaky thing there (before going bust) in that they built on every Sq metre they could get away with and then when they had sold 99% of the houses they threw up the big appartment block at the back.

- Also as far as I know the Drug Dealer who was the actual target of that shooting in Kilteragh still lives there using the population/built up area for his own security (as well as having had the windows replaced with bullet-proof glass).The main green and smaller one have both had broken glass on them for as long as I can remember and recently there is people dumping bin bags on their way out of the estate.

Pity really.

Technically it is his girlfriend that has the house as an unmarried mother, and he "visits" afaik. Says something about that type that the murder of an innocent man in the estate is not enough to shame them into fcuking off.

Advertisement