Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty counter/makeover recommendations?

• 20-12-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Hi! Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in Dublin City for a makeover for my mum (mid-50s) - in particular somewhere that does vouchers, though that's not essential. I think it'd be a nice Christmas present as she's mentioned before that she'd love one but is scared! Ive had good experiences with certain counters in department stores, but she made a face when I mentioned us doing that. Plus I don't recall any of them doing vouchers, more like "make an appointment and come in then" kinda thing, which isn't ideal if I want to actually have a present for her on Xmas day. I doubt she'll want to go for the mega-glam look, more like find decent products/colours for day-to-day wear, and a bit of advice on what suits her colouring and skin type.

All suggestions are gratefully accepted, sorry if it's a big ask!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi,

I'm doing the same for my mam for christmas. I was hoping to get a voucher too but as long as you're in a dept store like debenhams or arnotts or bt they don't seem to do vouchers at the counter itself. My mam had chosen dior herself as she had tried out a foundation they do (not sure of the name, but I know it's marketed for the older lady and contains primer). The girl told me once you buy 2 products your makeover is free. Most of the counters do something similar, some will ask you to spend a certain amount and then you get it free.
    To get round the voucher bit I just got a general arnotts voucher and she can use it towards the two products. Just an idea! Hope it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

kandr10 wrote: »
    To get round the voucher bit I just got a general arnotts voucher and she can use it towards the two products. Just an idea! Hope it helps.

That's a really good idea, thanks! I wasn't sure if the general store vouchers could be used like this but it makes sense that the can :)

Advertisement