Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peppermint essence

• 20-12-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking to pick up some peppermint essence. I've tried Dunnes and Tesco in town as well as the cooking shop in Catherine street and Ollio and Farina. I'd like to pick it up in the next day or so, so online is out! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Mojito time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

Peppermint bark actually, a layer of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate topped with crushed candy canes! Need the essence to flavour the chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

adaminho wrote: »
    Peppermint bark actually, a layer of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate topped with crushed candy canes! Need the essence to flavour the chocolate!

If you get stuck could you use dark mint flavboured chocolate? Lindt do a 60% one in their black and white 'Excellence' 100g range, called 'Mint intense' - it's nyom and Dunnes sell it iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

What about peppermint oil from the health food shop? Some can be used as a flavouring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Most pubs would have Peppermint cordial, you could ask them, this would be the same as essence except not as concentrate of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I got Dr. Oetker Peppermint Extract in Superquinn.

They also had it in Dunnes Jetland last week while I was out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

i have peppermint essence here got it in my local spar!!

have a look if you cant get it i can try to meet you and you can have whats left in my bottle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Just saw Goodalls Peppermint Essence in Dunnes Jetland, down the condiment/herbs and spices aisle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 little.midget

Hey all

Does anyone know where I can buy peppermint essence? Have tried some supermarkets, my local Tesco (in Wexford) does a great selection of Dr Oetker cake decorations and essences etc, but no peppermint.

Anyone know where I could buy some? Online even, as I'm in no great rush? Just really wanna experminent with it for making cupcakes

Thanks in advance:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hi little.midget, I ended up using peppermint oil I got in Holland and Barratt which worked fine. I might try making my own next time. All you need is 1/4 cup peppermint leaves and 1/2 cup of vodka. Bruise the mint with your hands and place with the vodka in a sealed jar making sure the mint has sunk to the bottom. Leave in a cool dry place for 4 weeks shaking once a week. Strain and place in a sealed container and away you go. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement