Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car feels totally different after suspension work

Options
  • 20-12-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I got a local mechanic on monday to replace both rear shock buffers and the big wishbone bushing on my 2005 VW Golf 1.9TDI mk5 as they were worn out,
    but now the car feels totally different.
    When I go over speed bumps the rear feels like it's hitting the bump a lot harder than before and when I go around coners the car feels very loose at the back and when I go around right bends the rear passageners wheels feels like it's pulling the car sideways.

I just wanted to ask
    1. is this normal because there was work done on the suspension and the rear wheels need to be aligned again

2. Is there adjustments the mechanic can do to reslove this issue.

3. Is this bad work by the machanic and should I go back and complain as there was no major parts removed and the car feels different than before the work was carried out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

you should get the allignement checked after any suspension work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Wheel alignment should always be done/checked after suspension work.

Advertisement