Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Douglas Village

Options
  • 20-12-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Has it improved lately? I've been in there a couple of times in recent months, and found it dirty, depressing and poorly stocked.

But - am passing that way later, and thought I might do the shopping in there rather than go to Wilton - although I will if I have to! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has it improved lately? I've been in there a couple of times in recent months, and found it dirty, depressing and poorly stocked.

But - am passing that way later, and thought I might do the shopping in there rather than go to Wilton - although I will if I have to! :D

It depends on the time you go. Anytime after 7pm and the shelves are usually empty. They restock the shelves around 10pm usually. Although that might be different around christmas.

Best time to go is before 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i have given up on this tesco, what a depressing shop, its like walking around a cave, they have so few staff you are forced to use those stupid "express" tills, then stand around waiting for staff if you buy alcohol,
    then try buy cigarettes, out of stock, try a week later again out of stock ffs cigarettes dont go out of date:mad:
    and as mentioned before there is no phone signal,
    apologies for the rant,
    mahon and wilton are way better:)

bladebrew wrote: »
    i have given up on this tesco, what a depressing shop, its like walking around a cave, they have so few staff you are forced to use those stupid "express" tills, then stand around waiting for staff if you buy alcohol,
    then try buy cigarettes, out of stock, try a week later again out of stock ffs cigarettes dont go out of date:mad:
    and as mentioned before there is no phone signal,
    apologies for the rant,
    mahon and wilton are way better:)

Iv never had any of those problems bar the phone signal. Which is EXTREMELY annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Well - I went to Douglas, and instantly regretted it! :D

No stock, no change to get a trolley. Seems NONE of the open tills had any change for me, so I left.

Wilton/Mahon all the way for me now. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Parking is the big plus for me! I found it impossible to get parking in Wilton on the last 2 occasions I went there and that was after 4 laps around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I can concur with all comments here. The parking is one reason why I do shop there, I'm in from Mahon, parked, shopped and back home in Mahon again in the time it take me to get in or out of Mahon Point which I can see from my window.

gbee wrote: »
    I can concur with all comments here. The parking is one reason why I do shop there, I'm in from Mahon, parked, shopped and back home in Mahon again in the time it take me to get in or out of Mahon Point which I can see from my window.

Walk?

(Not trying to be funny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I think it's pleasant enough to shop in. No complaints about stock levels either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Hogzy wrote: »
    Walk? (Not trying to be funny)

Apart from my personal physical condition, even in my youth I could not carry the weekly groceries, never mind traversing 400yrds or more in the elements which can be pretty windswept and desolate.

The kids run over no bother for the top ups and there was a Christmas eve where we made a human chain to get our purchases out to the main road, so we have used that option and it's better than two or three hour traffic jams that can afflict that place.

Which is why I'm often in Douglas Village, despite the Mahon Point Tesco being superior, but we do go to MPT often, when the time is right, otherwise ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Well - I went to Wilton today. Yes, the car park was ram jam packed. But I managed to get a space first time. Someone was coming out just as I came up to the turning, so I nipped in :).

Shelves were well stocked, I managed to get everything I wanted (including the booze! :D), and didn't wait too long to pay either.

Douglas Village - please take note!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement