Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potato stuffing recipe

Options
  • 20-12-2011 2:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone make their own potato stuffing? I've been asked to make this to stuff the turkey with... how do I do make it and how do I stuff the turkey with it - I usually make a stuffing and cook it seperately. however I've been informed that its much nicer when its stuffed:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Here is the recipe I use for potato stuffing. I use it for a goose.

I reckon it would be bland if cooked on its own, but with the cooking juices
    from the bird through it, it is divine.

Note that there is no fat in this. No need with a goose, but someone else
    who cooks turkey might like to advise if it needs a bit of butter in it.

Myrtle Allans Potato stuffing for goose

500g chopped apple
    500g chopped onion
    1kg cooked mashed potato
    thyme
    a few tbps freshly squeezed orange juice

Stew the apples and onions in the orange juice and thyme until soft and mushy. Mix with the mahed potato and add season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Spuds + onion + tyme + lard or dripping + salt + pepper = potato stuffing. nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

To stuff the turkey my mom always makes breadcrumb stuffing with a good bit of mashed potato through it, so that's what I thought you meant. Didn't know people made stuffing with just potato as the main "stuff"! Sounds good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

maybe with a bit of sausage meat mixed in instead of butter if stuffing a turkey would be nice - it would help with the succulence of it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Mytle allen's recipe posted above is amazing. Converted my family years ago. Be careful on how much orange juice you add though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement