Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B2K patch - so many disconnect errors

Options
  • 20-12-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok so quick thread. All who feels there's an a major increase in the amount of EA server disconnects since the B2K update please post. How the feck does one fix this ****ty issue ? I can barely get a full game now, always fecking disconnects me, with the same error : "lost connection to online EA server (1)" or something along those lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

same. Last 2-3 days its been major.

I used to get the standard 4 in order and be able to join...but now I get EA server error up to 3 times in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

SeantheMan wrote: »
    same. Last 2-3 days its been major.

I used to get the standard 4 in order and be able to join...but now I get EA server error up to 3 times in a row

I used to get the 4 attemps BS before the patch, but its been fine since... until tonight.

Must have lost connection to EA online about 20 times. PITA. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

After the patch I got disconnected every two or so games, now i can't even get 5 minutes of game play in.

There's a good few others with a similar problem, don't think there's much we can do on our side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I got on to live support twice about this issue and was told "there working on a fix but no eta".

I have tried suggested things like turning Upnp off on your router but made no difference at all.
    I was playing the other night on a server with my son and i got the error but he didn't so must not have anything to do with my net/modem/router.

What i have noticed is it used to crash straight to desktop but now it freezes with weird grapics before it ctd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Yep, I'm on xbox 360, and I'm getting this quite regularly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

game4it70 wrote: »
    I got on to live support twice about this issue and was told "there working on a fix but no eta".

I have tried suggested things like turning Upnp off on your router but made no difference at all.
    I was playing the other night on a server with my son and i got the error but he didn't so must not have anything to do with my net/modem/router.

What i have noticed is it used to crash straight to desktop but now it freezes with weird grapics before it ctd.

I re-downloaded the patch and map pack, no joy, reset my connection settings to default, still no luck. Set up my router so that my xbox is outside the router in a DMZ, still nothing. All i can really do is just wait in frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

All i can really do is just wait in frustration.
    This :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i really hope this gets sorted soon, i havnt had much chance to play bf3 recently due to college etc and was hoping to get a good run at it over christmas but if this keeps happening then there is no point even trying to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

i really hope this gets sorted soon, i havnt had much chance to play bf3 recently due to college etc and was hoping to get a good run at it over christmas but if this keeps happening then there is no point even trying to play

I am assuming you are all discussing PC BF3, but the last few nights on the PS3 have been terrible. No lag but once it comes to end of match, I loose connection to EA and cannot see the scoreboard. Changed to european servers but still same.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

It's amazing to think that companies like EA get away with this lack of testing on multi-million selling games with their updates or third party updates i.e. PunkBuster.

I've tried opening ports, firewalls, disabling UPnP, re-installing PunkBuster but I know that it is an update/patch from EA that will only resolve this.

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There is no solution of quick fix.
    When buying an EA game, just make sure to buy a tub of vasoline before...and some sudocreme for after.
    After a while you get used it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Never had a moments bother before the patch and I mean NOTHING! Now I am get the disconnection (1) error 2-3 times a night usually when I am doing very well.

More so on some servers then others....if I find a server that it does not happen I camp that ****er alllll night!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Same as that Wonda-Boy...no trouble until the patch.

I have also noticed that Firefox has started to freeze now and then.
    Not sure if this is related.
    Tried Chrome, but had the same problems.

There seems to be some hit and miss solutions out there regarding port forwarding but I have neither the time nor energy to try and figure that out.

Also on some servers I will spawn with a weapon in my hands.... I will quit and join another server.... Spawn with weapon..... Retry the original server and spawn without a weapon again....odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Also having this problem since B2K patch. Unable to play for more than ten minutes online in the last two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

I can now play, I went in and filtered by servers that don't have PunkBuster. Only 2-3 came up. At least I can play without getting kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im on xbox 360 and since the patch i getthis error alot! Really painful if doing well! Hope a fix comes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 32 geogan

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to play these new Back to Karkland maps at all since they were released. It's a mess it really is :mad: If i manage to connect and start a round the lag is unbelievable, othere players, vehicles freezing, then screen freeze and crash to desktop with "disconnected from server" error.

Advertisement