Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC Securewatch fault

• 20-12-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

Folks,

Having an issue currently with my HKC -

Fault LED is amber...with following error codes on control panel:

Faulty Battery
    Z1 Front door
    Z2 Front Windows.

If I try and arm the system it tells me there are open zones and eventually get a System Unset audible warning - Is this because of the faulty zones?

I have reviewed some of the previous threads - essentially the battery needs replacing I presume(It's a CB1270).My question does it have to be the exact same one and where can these be sourced?

In relation to the other 2 errors - would you recommend isolating these zones temporarily and what is the best way to try and work out what the fault is.

I'm also trying to update the date/time but I'll need the admin code I presume for this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

The battery that you should use with this system is a 12V 7AMP. They can be got in the suppliers here.

If you enter 0#3 on the keypad and open and close the front door, does it sound the internal bell ? The same can be done for the front windows. If a shock is fitted can you tap the shock sensor and let us know what happens, is there a magnet on the window also ?
    Enter your user code to end the user test.

If the user management was not set up on the system then you will need to be in engineering to change the time and date of the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Hi Altor - Thanks for response. I've just performed walk test and opened/closed front door only - No internal alarm sounded - User Walk Test was still flashing when viewing CP afterwards - since unset it. I do not see any magnets on windows.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there are no magnets then they are probably just inertia sensors. Try giving each a tap .
    Also try the quick set. Is it always showing both zone 1 & 2?
    Did both of these errors occur at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

Could be a faulty device or cable. If you can open the sensor and join the alarm cores together does this close the zone. If you don't know what I mean, open the sensor on the door and the window and post a picture and I will tell you what to do.

The alarm should activate when you open the sensor lid, entering your code on the keypad will turn off the alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

I will get back to you later on probably this evening about this - thanks so far....

• Advertisement
Advertisement