Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dab radio signal

• 20-12-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

excuse my ignorance but just wondering can you get digital radio everywhere? i live out the sticks wit no rte tv reception (have sky). thinking of getting a new hi fi with ipod dock and it has DAB and FM so just wondering will DAB work thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

alibride wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but just wondering can you get digital radio everywhere? i live out the sticks wit no rte tv reception (have sky). thinking of getting a new hi fi with ipod dock and it has DAB and FM so just wondering will DAB work thanks

Depends what part of Clare, if you are near Limerick City, you have a chance, coverage map below.

http://www.digitalradio.ie/images/DAB_Dec09_hiRes.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks Gerard, I changed your map of Ireland to a link, that picture is f**king massive

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

thanks boys
    wont bother so - coverage aint great in west clare..... esp when my house is down in a valley.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have broadband you could always go with an internet radio solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

alibride wrote: »

Are there not plenty digital stations from the Satellite?

I don't own an iPod, but as I understand it is highly unlikely that any audio files for that device will be 'hi-fi' (high fidelity) .....

From what I have read, the quality of the radio from Sat is better than DAB ...... but that is not from personal knowledge ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Clareman wrote: »
    Thanks Gerard, I changed your map of Ireland to a link, that picture is f**king massive

Sorry about this, was in a hurry and did not wait for it to open up....

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Any reason why there is a corridor of reception heading off from limerick towards galway?

Advertisement