Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn - Belfast and Dublin gigs!

Options
  • 20-12-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭

31st March in the Mandela Hall
    1st April in the Olympia

Yes!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tickets for Dublin are €50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tickets for Dublin are €50

i got all excited then was like WTF, 50 QUID!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Edit : Sorry, 52 quid plus 5 booking fee, so 57!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Tickets for Belfast are £35...:eek:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I would see them at any price... Ambassador '08 was immense.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Tickets for Belfast are £35...:eek:

Which would be €41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Would love to see them in The Olympia just for the nostalgia...but with the state of their current setlist I think I'll just skip this. Out of the 8 songs they play as part of their "Greatest Hits" section of their setlist two are a Pink Floyd and Metallica song....wouldnt like to part with the bones of 60euro to hear 6 songs that I will enjoy, and 12 others spent yawning.

Would love to see them in The Olympia just for the nostalgia...but with the state of their current setlist I think I'll just skip this. Out of the 8 songs they play as part of their "Greatest Hits" section of their setlist two are a Pink Floyd and Metallica song....wouldnt like to part with the bones of 60euro to hear 6 songs that I will enjoy, and 12 others spent yawning.

Great Point, No way am i forking out more than 40 for this

Here's the setlist from last gig they played

The Path of Totality set

Intro
    (Sanctuary Intro)
    Get Up!
    Kill Mercy Within
    Illuminati
    Chaos Lives in Everything
    My Wall
    Way Too Far
    Narcissistic Cannibal

Greatest hits set

Intermission
    Here to Stay
    Freak on a Leash
    Falling Away From Me
    Predictable
    Another Brick in the Wall
    (Pink Floyd cover)

Encore:

Shoots and Ladders / One
    Got the Life
    Blind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

This will sell out so MCD can put the prices up and make a nice little earner as usual.

If the reaction of the new songs isn't going down well with the crowds they might drop a few new songs for old ones by the time they reach Dublin. (Heres hoping!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

€57....for Korn...shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont like that setlist at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I mainly wanna hear songs from Issues and The Untouchables.
    If that's gonna be their setlist, I don't think I'll bother going. :(
    Also €52 is a bit much. Ah crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I dont like that setlist at all :(

Agreed, I love Korn but that setlist is shocking and not worth €50.

I am not going to bother going now.

Hope people don't mind me posting that setlist, wouldn't normally spoil like this but felt if Korn fans were gonna be paying the guts of 60quid for a ticket it was only right for them to know what they'd be getting.

The setlist is truly shocking, i think it will change slightly but not too much as they're really into this new album.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hope people don't mind me posting that setlist, wouldn't normally spoil like this but felt if Korn fans were gonna be paying the guts of 60quid for a ticket it was only right for them to know what they'd be getting.

The setlist is truly shocking, i think it will change slightly but not too much as they're really into this new album.

I don't mind you putting up the setlist.

I was going to get tickets tomorrow, but I'm not gonna bother.
    The setlist is crap. I was hoping for more of the classic songs. :(
    Bah!

Seen them at Rock Im Park in 09 and have to say they were only ok tbh. Kinda wished i had gone to see Basement Jaxx instead

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I didn't actually read the setlist, I find that spoils gigs for me. I'm assuming however that it mainly consists of songs from their last 3 or 4 albums which suits me fine. I love the new one and pretty much all their output bar most of the first two albums, so happy days! Got my ticket there, April can't come soon enough :D

/boundless optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Anyone know if they sold the gig out?

Kersh wrote: »
    Anyone know if they sold the gig out?

I just checked Ticketmaster - there is still tickets available.

There is standing tickets, and when I checked seating tickets, they came up with seats four rows from front.
    Doesn't look like it's anywhere near selling out.

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    I just checked Ticketmaster - there is still tickets available.

There is standing tickets, and when I checked seating tickets, they came up with seats four rows from front.
    Doesn't look like it's anywhere near selling out.

I'm hoping that my posting of that utter drivel setlist had something to do with that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

think the Olympia will really suit a band like Korn ..saw em in the RDS years back supported by Puddle of Mudd and they werent bad but remember thinkin would be great in a smaller venue..

but that ticket price is crazy..lets face it..their not exactly top of the tree anymore so dont expect this to sell at all until far nearer the date..

Limp Bizkit also had surprisingly poor ticket sales for their Olympia show when they first went on sale but that turned out to be a brilliant gig because of the band feeding off a packed pumped up crowd. Just wont be the same if Korn are playing to 10 rows of people in front of the stage.

In short would love to go but only if someone gives me free tickets..P.M. me Now:)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm hoping that my posting of that utter drivel setlist had something to do with that ;)

I wish they were doing a greatest hits tour. :(

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    I wish they were doing a greatest hits tour. :(

If it was a greatest hits tour i'd have bought a couple of tickets, and i'm sure a few more would.

Instead i bought a pair of tickets for The Dropkick Murphy's at Vicar Street in Feb, a great live band and 2 tickets for less than the price of 1 Korn ticket :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

May give in and buy a ticket for the London gig seeing as it will be 10 minutes from me at that stage but would LOVE a setlist similar to seeing them in RDS or The Point ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

saw them back in september 10th 2002, their first irish gig (my first gig too) original line up, david on drums, head on guitar, great show, stopped liking them and listening too them after that mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

definitely too much money for them, think I'll have to hope they play some of the festivals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Nodferatu wrote: »
    saw them back in september 10th 2002, their first irish gig (my first gig too) original line up, david on drums, head on guitar, great show, stopped liking them and listening too them after that mind you.

That was my first gig too!

But it wasn't theirs, my bro went to see them here in 96

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/korn/1996/sfx-centre-dublin-ireland-6bd2fa16.html

I think I might actually go to this after all.
    The new album is really good. I especially like the songs "Way Too Far", "Narcissistic Cannibal" and "Fuels The Comedy". :cool:

€50 is still a bit much I think, but I've paid more money for other crap (I'm looking at you Axl Rose :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Beekay wrote: »
    That was my first gig too!

But it wasn't theirs, my bro went to see them here in 96

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/korn/1996/sfx-centre-dublin-ireland-6bd2fa16.html

And in The London Astoria a few days before Bro :):D

Top of the tree then they were :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Downlink & J Devil supporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Downlink & J Devil supporting.

Looking forward to hearing what JDevil is like. Kinda wish it was Excision and not Downlink supporting!

Advertisement