Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 20-12-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I have a cz style with hawke scope. If I adjust focus(not zoom) on scope will this disturb my zero

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

gearoidol wrote: »
    I have a cz style with hawke scope. If I adjust focus(not zoom) on scope will this disturb my zero

You are probably changing focus because you are changing distance - if it is a decent change in distance.it would affect.your zero as the round would be starting to drop

What distances are you talking about?

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

I zero'd at 60 yards but I think the focus needs to be adjusted slightly will that change the zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

gearoidol wrote: »
    I zero'd at 60 yards but I think the focus needs to be adjusted slightly will that change the zero

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

very good question but no clear your focus you should be ok

what would happen when you change zoom and were talking about distances with a 22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Focus won't change the zero and should only need to be set once for your eye and that's it.

Parallax on the other hand will vary with range and is very noticable if your target is closer than 100m and you're using high mag (Reticle will be in focus - target will not).

Be aware that if you have to shift your parallax then you've obviously changed your range to target, so your point of impact will change accordingly.

In order to tell the difference between the two easily - focus adjustment is usually at the eyepiece.
    Anything else (sidewheel or adjustment at the objective end) is parallax - not focus.

@ One shot: Depends on the scope. First plane scopes will hold zero but the reticle size will change. Second plane scopes will preserve the reticle but the zero may shift (or at least that's my understanding or the difference between the two). Most scopes are second plane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement