Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Straight Leg Jeans

• 20-12-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or is it fairly impossible to get decent, reasonably priced straight jeans in Dublin these days? They're all some alternative hipster type chino or purple crap looking ones.

Topman stock 2 pairs of denim straight leg jeans, Neu Look Men stock a couple but only seem to have mental sizes 36w 30l, etc... Was looking to pick up a few pairs today 32w 30l for around €40 ish but with no joy, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

M&S Autograph jeans do straight legs for 35E. Failing that I've no idea, I don't really buy jeans anymore as like you said it's all skinny fit, crazy coloured stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shopping in M&S for clothes for a 21 year old? I'll have a look anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Tesco also have nice ones, I bought some for a male relation in his (early) 20s there are he liked them (have bought him another pair for Christmas!). My OH quite likes jeans from Tesco aswell. They have the skinny styles but have plain, old school, straight legs too. They have cheapy ones and more expensive ones so you can spend whatever you want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Couldn't agree more with the OP. I was in Blanchardstown over the weekend looking for a nice pair of jeans but found nothing. I despise chinos, but everywhere you go they're all over the place. I settled for a relatively nice pair of jeans that weren't too expensive but fairly plain in design. I'm actually a 32W 30L like you OP, so if you have any luck then post it in this thread so I can see it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Shopping in M&S for clothes for a 21 year old? I'll have a look anyway.

I admit a lot of their stuff won't be to the taste of the younger crowd but their Autograph range is generally the more modern take on things - slimfit shirts, stand collars, straight and tapered leg jeans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Jack & Jones usually have nice jeans. I'm the same size as you too. Sometimes I find a nice pair in Burton, but that's rare enough.

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Jack & Jones usually have nice jeans. I'm the same size as you too. Sometimes I find a nice pair in Burton, but that's rare enough.

Jack & Jones are fairly pricey though, would only want to spend €50 max, don't see much for that price tbh.

Cheers for the replies, glad I'm not the only one who's pished about these sh*tty jeans places stock these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Pull & bear have a good selection of jeans, reasonably priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I find Topman/Bershka/Pull&Bear/H&M tend to stock the more current trend style jeans - ie skinny or slim.

There used to be a chain called The Jean Scene which is now renamed as Josef Jeans. If there is one near you, I recommend checking them out. They do a large selection of wider leg (but not baggy/flared) straight jeans for reasonable prices. (around the 40 mark) and are really nice plus they have a wide range of waist/leg lengths. I picked up a pair recently that included a nice casual belt for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

GSTAR man-straight leg bladed 3301 is what you want..serious jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Imo instead of picking up a few €40ish pairs just buy one really good pair for €100 or so. The likes of Diesel, G Star, Nudie are all on www.asos.com for around that price and if your looking for straight jeans then their the brands to look at.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gap have a few styles at the €55 mark. You can get them in Dundrum or Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Im exact same as you man. Just want a simple pair of jeans. I got two pair of jeans in forever 21 mens section for 40. There my favourite jeans. Check them out. There just simple run of the mill straight leg jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

You can buy wrangler jeans off ebay or amazon for around €50 including postage if that is your liking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Have a look in adverts.ie, lots of bargains on there;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

I find nudie jeans are a great brand. A bit expensive but amazing quality so well worth the investment.

Also, they come in every shape and size.

They can be bought in Brown Thomas although the selection is usually quite limited.

http://shop.nudiejeans.com/system/search/search.asp?c=121&g=0&b=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

river island sometimes have 1 or 2 pair of just a regular straight leg jenas for around 30 euro,i also saw a couple pairs in berksha on top floor of jervis centre 2 weeks ago they were 25 - 35 each.. have you tried pennies?they sell cheap straight leg jeans for around 20 euro. you could also try unique they have 1 or 2 pairs of them crosshatch jeans in the straight leg sometimes.. usually around 35 euro ish

CyberJuice wrote: »
    river island sometimes have 1 or 2 pair of just a regular straight leg jenas for around 30 euro,i also saw a couple pairs in berksha on top floor of jervis centre 2 weeks ago they were 25 - 35 each.. have you tried pennies?they sell cheap straight leg jeans for around 20 euro. you could also try unique they have 1 or 2 pairs of them crosshatch jeans in the straight leg sometimes.. usually around 35 euro ish

Actually checked online last night and see a nice pair in River Island, got the mother to pick up at her lunch break today, so I'll report back with how they fit tonight when I'm home from work.

Not a fan of crosshatch jeans, have a couple and don't like them at all. Must give Berksha a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I got a pair of gorgeous Hugo Boss jeans in Dundrum. Not skinny or hipster or anything like that. €130 which isn't bad.

SUCCESS! Got a quality pair in River Island €33, miles cheaper than online from their site. Now just to wash them twice so the dye doesn't go onto my new runners.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

They say you're not supposed to wash jeans for 6 months or so iirc.
    May not go for River Island jeans though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

wixfjord wrote: »
    They say you're not supposed to wash jeans for 6 months or so iirc.
    May not go for River Island jeans though!

That's really only for raw denim.

cson wrote: »
    Imo instead of picking up a few €40ish pairs just buy one really good pair for €100 or so. The likes of Diesel, G Star, Nudie are all on www.asos.com for around that price and if your looking for straight jeans then their the brands to look at.

If a chap wants a few pairs of jeans than it's unlikely the one pair will do the job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I find River Island to be the best, Jack & Jones and Burtons can be decent aswell. Usually in around €50-60 for a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mick1993

SUCCESS! Got a quality pair in River Island €33, miles cheaper than online from their site. Now just to wash them twice so the dye doesn't go onto my new runners.
    Would you mind posting a picture of those jeans here, just to see what I think of them? I've had little luck recently trying to find a pair I like, and I've actually been keeping up with this thread over the past few days to see if you had any success. :p

Mick1993 wrote: »
    Would you mind posting a picture of those jeans here, just to see what I think of them? I've had little luck recently trying to find a pair I like, and I've actually been keeping up with this thread over the past few days to see if you had any success. :p

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/jeans/slim--straight-jeans/dark-denim-straight-jeans-256815

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I wouldn't pay a fiver for them jeans. They look like jeans you would buy in pennies.

I wouldn't pay a fiver for them jeans. They look like jeans you would buy in pennies.

Fantastic, fairplay man, you're too cool, will you be my hero!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Had a look and didn't see much in H&M, must have a look again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

dont like the look of them at all but prob look better in real life

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Levis 506 best straight leg out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Not a good looking pair of jeans!! Diesel jeans are way to go. Zara sometimes do okish jeans for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Plus one on diesel went on a lovely trip around thier shop in the squre pre xmas.
    Whatever happened to firetrap? they had some lovely stuff now I cant find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Plus one on diesel went on a lovely trip around thier shop in the squre pre xmas.
    Whatever happened to firetrap? they had some lovely stuff now I cant find it anywhere.

Brown Thomas and BT2 do Firetrap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

That shop isn't the international brand it's the Irish company which is totally different. Not really as good quality jeans so beware of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

just go the hipster route..its fantastic,skinnys are the way to go..but really look for nudie jeans..kinda pricey but you dont wash them for the first 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

You don't wash them for 6 months?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

If you spend cheap you get cheap. By Armani or Boss, best jeans going. Like someone else already said, you are better off paying top dollar for one decent pair rather than some sh!te from Jack and Jones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

What I usually find though is when I buy jeans from the likes of Pull & Bear, they only start to loose there shape and become unwearable just as I am getting sick of wearing them. I'd prefer to buy a few cheap pairs than spend 120+ on one pair tbh.

Advertisement