Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet provider with good down speed + up speed?

• 20-12-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So i want to know whats the BEST internet provider in ireland when it comes to upload and download speeds.
    Dont say Eircom because they are terrible.
    UPC isnt in my area :L

Any others?
    I need atleast a 1-10MB upload speed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

kyle922 wrote: »
    So i want to know whats the BEST internet provider in ireland when it comes to upload and download speeds.
    Dont say Eircom because they are terrible.
    UPC isnt in my area :L

Any others?
    I need atleast a 1-10MB upload speed

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Basically if eircom are terrible all the other providers, which use exactly the same phone lines, will therefore be terrible too. Your choices are cable,phone or wireless (I exclude midband providers like 3g and satellite)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some wireless operators do upload speeds of 3-6mbits, eg Digiweb Metro and Net1 off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Damn must be terrible living in the sticks without a good internet service.
    I couldn't cope.
    Shame on our government, the whole country should be capable of getting a 10mb download speed at the very least, This day in age. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mark17j wrote: »
    I couldn't cope.
    Shame on our government, the whole country should be capable of getting a 10mb download speed at the very least, This day in age. :rolleyes:
    sad but true, although it's not any better across the (little) pond.

my dad lives in the country in the north of the UK and his DSL is so slow and unstable that if he wants to do any windows updates or skype or anything like that he has to swap and use a midband 3G dongle as it is more reliable. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mark17j wrote: »
    I couldn't cope.

If people choose to live in the country with all the wide open spaces and cheap housing, they cannot at the same time expect blazing internet speeds. Farmers and people in the country generally turn their noses up at city folk becase we live in flats or houses with gardens the size of a postage stamp, they can't have it both ways.

Are you suggesting that city people should subsidise Eircom to lay a fire optic cable across a mile of an empty field just to service one house?

On a more positive note: The freeing up of UHF spectrum when the analog TV channels are switched off may go someway to fix the problem.

Advertisement