Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Askaboutmoney

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Do feel free to point out to me where an accusation was made, like a good man.
    I remember how it led to the creation of the property pin, and I think you should disclose your relationship to any of the above parties before proceeding one step further laddie.

As for my posts on the Capuchin order of monks, every single one of them was in defence of what I described as one of the few unambiguously shining lights of this country, genuine heroes. So you can add an inability to read what I wrote to a bad aim with the mud there, champ.

Fair enough, What is you connection with the Cappuchians? What relationship have you with the Capuchians?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

K-9 wrote: »
    Fair enough, What is you connection with the Cappuchians? What relationship have you with the Capuchians?
    I wear me hair in an elegantly coiffed cross between a tonsure and a duck tail, and on the weekends you can call me Brother if you knock twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Askaboutmoney.com is currently offline for maintenance.

K-9 wrote: »
    You've no evidence P. Breathnach is associated with AAM other than him opposing a contrary view on a thread.

The fact that he won't answer the question is a tad suspicious, no?

I happen to know the answer btw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've reread the thread this morning, and frankly don't see any reason for me to reopen it. Thread remains closed. If anyone has an issue with specific posts- use the report post feature and Colm or I will check them out. Ps- just because you disagree with a particular point of view, does not mean that if you go reporting items, that anything is going to happen to the posts- as is the case in this instance.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

smccarrick wrote: »
    I've reread the thread this morning, and frankly don't see any reason for me to reopen it. Thread remains closed. If anyone has an issue with specific posts- use the report post feature and Colm or I will check them out. Ps- just because you disagree with a particular point of view, does not mean that if you go reporting items, that anything is going to happen to the posts- as is the case in this instance.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Why was it closed though? Like I appreciate it needed moderation, but if you can't discuss askaboutmoney on askaboutmoney, much like you can't discuss the Kate Fitzgerald situation in any kind of indepth way on the Irish Times website, what is different in the situations? I know we don't have rights per se, but it seems ludicrous that something with litigation hanging all over it is allowed to be discussed in AH whereas something that doesn't (as far as I know) have litigation pending on it is not allowed to be discussed. It's a property related matter, Burgess is a public figure, and he puts himself out there to be discussed. If he didn't, he wouldn't be on the television telling people where to invest their money with catastrophic results.

Edit 2:

Not that I actually posted in the thread myself, I just dislike the entire concept of a money website blocking discussion of the biggest money sink in the history of the Irish state. It merits discussion.

• Advertisement

I assume sometimes its easier to shut a thread that seemingly causes a lot of bad blood and dissolves into namecalling. The fact that a lot of posts were reported shows that its a trouble thread.

It was closed- because of a number of reported posts. I was away yesterday and didn't have access to a PC- about the only thing I managed to do successfully from the mobile version of boards on my phone was to close the thread.

It was descending into recriminations and frankly in my opinion would go down the road of various people interrogating other people, were I to allow it to continue.

I don't appreciate the 'free-for-all' attitude that was becoming apparent (not just this thread- its endemic in the forum), and am taking a harder line than I would have done in the past- to try to stamp out this type of behaviour, and try to keep folk civil towards one another.

I don't moderate the accommodation and property forum for fun- its actually a lot more work than you'd imagine, and while I appreciate that given what has happened in our property sector- its obviously a lot more popular a forum than it used be- a lot of potential posters are being put off by the confrontational aggressive manner that some people are using in their postings.

I hope this helps,

Shane

Money making ideas for girls raising money for our church?
    Maxprodata Maxprodata

Errr? - What?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

smccarrick wrote: »
    It was closed- because of a number of reported posts. I was away yesterday and didn't have access to a PC- about the only thing I managed to do successfully from the mobile version of boards on my phone was to close the thread.

It was descending into recriminations and frankly in my opinion would go down the road of various people interrogating other people, were I to allow it to continue.

I don't appreciate the 'free-for-all' attitude that was becoming apparent (not just this thread- its endemic in the forum), and am taking a harder line than I would have done in the past- to try to stamp out this type of behaviour, and try to keep folk civil towards one another.

I don't moderate the accommodation and property forum for fun- its actually a lot more work than you'd imagine, and while I appreciate that given what has happened in our property sector- its obviously a lot more popular a forum than it used be- a lot of potential posters are being put off by the confrontational aggressive manner that some people are using in their postings.

I hope this helps,

Shane

Yeah, I just like knowing why things happen, that's fair enough thanks.

The Accommodation and property forum is a lot stroppier than it used to be, but it revolves around money, many people have lost a large amount, and they've lost it long term. I can see why there's a lot of anger in there. It probably does need stricter moderation. It takes an effort of will not to actually call people names sometimes (and I'm sure I have the same effect on other people).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The fact that he won't answer the question is a tad suspicious, no?

Bollocks. I do not have to submit to McCarthy-style smear methods; "are you now, or have you ever been ...?".

I have been a member here a long time, made thousands of posts, and have kept myself out of trouble. It is inappropriate that, without anything on which to go, anybody should question my bona fides.
    I happen to know the answer btw.

How interesting. So perhaps you can explain, if you know the answer, why my declining to answer the question is "a tad suspicious".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Closing this thread as the OPs feedback has been responded to by the Mod of the forum in question.

@Doc Ruby: any further unfounded accusations from you will be dealt with as trolling unless you provide adequate evidence to support your post.

@Mr. Loverman: refusing to answer a wild accusation is not evidence of guilt. as P. Breathnach as already stated, he's been here a while and I've yet to hear any accusation or see any evidence of any connection to another website that in any way colours his opinion on these forums. I may not always agree with his posts but I've yet to see any hint of an ulterior motive behind them that could be cosidered detrimental to boards.ie. If you feel a user is shilling or spamming then report the post, dont attack the poster on thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement