Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchscreen phone so so so slow!!

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I've a Samsung spica/galaxy.
    I have it 19 months now....totally original phone (1 app installed - boards deals :o)
    Problem is it is so slow to respond now.
    Touch for messages and it could take 20 seconds to open the messages.
    Half the time it comes up saying phone not responding force close or wait.
    Can anything be done to it or is it fcuked....would like to keep it as I really like it as a phone.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you tried updating it with Samsung Kies, might fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Have you cleared out old messages photos call log etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Have you tried updating it with Samsung Kies, might fix it.

Wouldn't be sure on this....how do I go about this?

Bob I'll try clearing some stuff on it to see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You have to download Samsung Kies on to your computer, connect your phone by USB cable and update the software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If its the original version of Android I think its 1.5 so its not as good as managing memory. Got a i5700 here on 1.5 and it seems ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Known problem: If it's a Samsung Galaxy, running stock, you need Lagfix.

http://androidadvices.com/how-to-simply-install-the-voodoo-lag-fix-on-your-galaxy-s/#axzz1hOcAnlUb

(Though it's worth searching in the Market first, as I think androidcentral.com has a bundle there that for a few bob will give you a one-click fix.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

zenith wrote: »
    Known problem: If it's a Samsung Galaxy, running stock, you need Lagfix.

http://androidadvices.com/how-to-simply-install-the-voodoo-lag-fix-on-your-galaxy-s/#axzz1hOcAnlUb

(Though it's worth searching in the Market first, as I think androidcentral.com has a bundle there that for a few bob will give you a one-click fix.)

Yeah it's not a galaxy s he has. If you're phone is running slow, and you feel it was better before, back up everything of value and perform a factory reset.

Updating the firmware to the latest available will probably offer some speed increases too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Thanks everyone....will take everything of value from it and reset to factory settings to see what happens.

Advertisement