Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Xbox

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Used to play alot of games in my younger days, in 30's now and looking at an

Xbox 360 for online gaming. I don't want to play music store or download

videos etc. just basic gaming, money is tight so any advice on what I need to

get would be greatly appreciated, I'll be looking at ebay etc. for 2nd hand

systems, sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am clueless with the Xbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You should be able to get a 120Gb and Wifi adapter for pretty cheap second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

You should be able to get a 120Gb and Wifi adapter for pretty cheap second hand

could i go with a smaller harddrive, is 120gb really needed if i am only playing online games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

lamai wrote: »
    could i go with a smaller harddrive, is 120gb really needed if i am only playing online games?

The only xboxes below 120g are the 20g and 60g. Both are very old and probably not a good idea to buy now. There is also a brand new 4g model which could be picked up second hand pretty cheaply. They are 150 new. Check adverts.ie as I have seen these models plus 2 games for 140-150 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The only xboxes below 120g are the 20g and 60g. Both are very old and probably not a good idea to buy now. There is also a brand new 4g model which could be picked up second hand pretty cheaply. They are 150 new. Check adverts.ie as I have seen these models plus 2 games for 140-150 recently.

great thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

FutureGuy wrote: »

be careful with the 4gb models...lots of online games had problems with this version due to the size of the hard drive...think it's flash memory as well so games like Gears Of War 3 etc had problems and needed to be patched before playing online..

• Advertisement
Advertisement