Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hope that never happens again

Options
  • 21-12-2011 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

Guys I didnt join in the previous Spurs V Rovers threads for obvious reasons but there was somthing I really had to say. You see I've been a Spurs fan since a very young age but I've also been a Rovers fan since they moved to Tallaght. Its my old home town and its a great excuse to go and watch real football that A) isnt on Sky in my mates front room, B) isnt in the pub and C) doesnt cost €250 to go and watch with my son. Now I'm not a die hard but myself and the son went to 8 Rovers games last season.

Anyway I watched the first leg on the TV with my neighbour/good mate who, just by chance, happened to grow up about a mile away from WHL and is a dies hard Yid. Needless to say, we get on great :p Then when the first goal went in for Rovers, I found myself jumping around like we'd won the CL. Then when Spurs scored I ended up doing the very same. I tell you what guys, it just wasnt right. It was gonna be a real problem for me as to where I was going to be sitting in Tallaght stadium.

To make a long story short, in the end I just didnt go to the match in Tallaght. It was just too much of a head wreck. I knew when the draw happened that its was gonna be a mess in my head but in the end the simplest thing to do was just watch it on the box and support nobody. I really hope, and in fairness whats the chances, that this never happens again :)

PS - COYS and see you at the FA cup match, early Jan if you're over there.

Advertisement