Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montgomery Street Carlow

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello I am wondering about what it is like to live on Montgomery street, in general is it a safe/quite area ?

I am inquiring on behalf of a young female who is looking to move and happened to see a property for letting on Montgomery street. But I really do not know much about the street, I have to say though that I walk up and down the street several times a week on my way from GraigueCullen to the Seven Oaks gym, and I must say the street seems to be fairly quite and inhabited by quite a lot of elderly people, but then again there are also quite a lot of flats/apartments on the street as well. In general would it be a safe area for a lone young female to walk around at night ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Hello I am wondering about what it is like to live on Montgomery street, in general is it a safe/quite area ?

I am inquiring on behalf of a young female who is looking to move and happened to see a property for letting on Montgomery street. But I really do not know much about the street, I have to say though that I walk up and down the street several times a week on my way from GraigueCullen to the Seven Oaks gym, and I must say the street seems to be fairly quite and inhabited by quite a lot of elderly people, but then again there are also quite a lot of flats/apartments on the street as well. In general would it be a safe area for a lone young female to walk around at night ?

Live near it and have to say anywhere on the Athy Road (or there/there abouts) I would consider quite safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

i would agree ^^^^

with the seven oaks and Garda station opposite it there is often cars and the likes passing (not something riff-raff are fond of)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

I live close to there myself and and never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. There are too many unfounded rumours about certain areas being dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ceatharlach

Thanks for all the replies everyone it is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 waytoowarm

always considered it to be a nice quiet place:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

safe but the end near the river is prone to flooding... seven oaks to halfway down the street should be good though but the rest will flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I lived on Montgomery St for 4 years... I lived on the flats on the left hand side going down to the river. It is very safe and quiet.

Advertisement