Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a particular type of battery in carlow town

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

"18650 Safe Chemistry LiMN 3.7V 1600 " might also be called "IMR18650"

anyone know if this is even the kind of thing you can buy in stores in town? need it for tomorrow as the batteries I will be getting in the post (which were meant to be this kind, but the manufacturer got screwed by their supplier in china and only found out very recently) are almost certainly going to be unprotected lithium ion 18650's which are pretty much useless to me.
    well they'll work.. but might also blow up and take my hand with them. I dont know a god damn thing about batteries, but this seems to be a pretty common concern so i'm kinda taking it seriously.

also, i can't use protected lithium ion 18650's as the circuits added for protection make it just too big for the device I need it for (electronic cigarette battery mod..my xmas present to myself)

im going to head over to electrocity and that place down on centaur st tomorrow afternoon, anyone got any ideas where else I should look where I might have a chance of finding one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

"18650 Safe Chemistry LiMN 3.7V 1600 " might also be called "IMR18650"

anyone know if this is even the kind of thing you can buy in stores in town? need it for tomorrow as the batteries I will be getting in the post (which were meant to be this kind, but the manufacturer got screwed by their supplier in china and only found out very recently) are almost certainly going to be unprotected lithium ion 18650's which are pretty much useless to me.
    well they'll work.. but might also blow up and take my hand with them. I dont know a god damn thing about batteries, but this seems to be a pretty common concern so i'm kinda taking it seriously.

also, i can't use protected lithium ion 18650's as the circuits added for protection make it just too big for the device I need it for (electronic cigarette battery mod..my xmas present to myself)

im going to head over to electrocity and that place down on centaur st tomorrow afternoon, anyone got any ideas where else I should look where I might have a chance of finding one?

This shop is closed since July. I think the place on College Street might still be open. Beside where Browne Street bar used to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bugger, really? thats sad, was in there a few times and they were pretty helpful.
    thanks ill take a peek down college street instead so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

there is someone else up near fm auto center, not sure of name but think it is something Nolan aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

not sure where you could find them but give south east electrical a phone call and try them, they are out by FM autos so maybe it is who Frynge is referring to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i caved into the modern world and just ordered some online :)
    thanks for the help though

• Advertisement
Advertisement