Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking in Restaurants

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey guys, been lurking this forum for a while (turned veg last month, don't miss anything yet) and getting loads of information.

But I'll be going out with friends to a restaurant soon (I don't know which one) and am a bit worried about ordering. How do you guys ask if something is vegetarian (particularly if it contains certain cheeses/gelatin/meat stock) without seeming like an irritating prick? I know not everyone knows about what vegetarians will/won't eat, and I don't expect the waitor to know what goes into every single dish on the menu.

Your stories/advice would be appreciated =)

Comments

Any decent waiter isn't going to mind you asking.
    It is their job to make sure you enjoy your meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I eat in places regularly, a few times a month. Never once had a problem asking or even modifying an existing meal to make it vegan (within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

ya the waiter usually would know or they will ask the chef, u could also ring ahead a day before and find out?

Advertisement