Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exorbitant health insurance

• 21-12-2011 4:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

Just reading there that Aviva's health insurance will have increased by 40% in 12 months. That is appalling.
    It seems to be much the same with VHI etc.

Yeah i know Reilly is changing whatever way Private beds are paid for but these increases have been going on for a while. And it seems to be 10-15% every few months at this stage.
    It really feels like being gouged.
    And i keep wondering to myself what exactly it offers- is it worth it.
    Obviously more and more are leaving and taking their chances with the Public System.
    I'm just wondering where this will end and if their is any recourse to complain about this.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

For me, it is always worth it. I don't want to wait months for a procedure or if I get cancer and it could be too late. It is always worth it for peace of mind alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

33% of Aviva's & 36% of Quinn's least expensive health plans are made up of government levy.

Advertisement