Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they still make Mr Kipling Mince Pies?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

The standard or luxury ones. I've only seen the ones with custard in them in Dunnes and they look terrible.

I've checked some Dunnes stores and some Tesco's, if anyone knows anywhere that sell them in Dublin I would love to know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm pretty sure I've seen these in Dunnes Stores in Mullingar, sorry that's no help to you OP, but might be for anyone in the Mullingar/surrounding area who's looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

we got uniced and iced ones about a month ago in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

they do indeed ! Super Valu ..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Weyhey wrote: »
    The standard or luxury ones. I've only seen the ones with custard in them in Dunnes and they look terrible.

I've checked some Dunnes stores and some Tesco's, if anyone knows anywhere that sell them in Dublin I would love to know.
    They do indeed still make Mr Kipling mince pies . Im a cake sales man , and i used to be an agent for Mr Kipling . Over the last few years the brand has fallen away in this country , primarily due to price . Price is a huge factor in the cake business these days, and Mr Kipling has not responded, also, they have moved away from their old distributor nased network, and now just supply Dunnes, Tesco etc directly . It is a simple fact that when a salesman is calling to a shop , as opposed to stock just being ordered by a shop employee , then stock levels in the shop will generally be much higher . Shop employees tend not to reorder stock till it has almost sold out . So , for example, if i left in a case of mince pies, 20 pkts , your average shop employee, will probably not reorder till there are only 2-3 pks left . However if a distributor is calling, and after a week he notes that 10 of the 20 are sold, he will leave another 10 to refill the section . We have a phrase in the Cake business, " the last cake never sell ". So in general, nowadays, you will actuall find that many small shops, Spars, Centras, Londis etc will have almost as big a selection of cakes as a supermarket, and in many cases they will only be slightly more expensive .
    Sorry for going on, but if you ever want a short answer, dont ask a Cakeman !

Advertisement