Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up new iphone

• 21-12-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am due and upgrade for the Iphone 45. Currently have the 3GS. When I am setting up do i set up as a new phone or as a backup from my previous one. I know you are prompted to select during set up phase but don't know what the difference is between the two.

I read in previous posts that the choice you make may have a marked impact on battery performance on the phone.

thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Hiya, if you select to restore from the back-up you will have all your settings from the previous phone as well as the data. So you can choose your most recent backup and your iPhone will look like it just did about 10 mins ago. This is nice in that everything is still there for you and you don’t have to do much. However, if something was wrong with your iPhone in the software, the problem may still be there.

If you set it up as a new phone you will have the phone with the factory settings installed. This means that all of your previous settings that you had on your phone will be no longer. Your email won’t be there and your apps will be as if it were started for the first time. In this restore you are going to have to rearrange your apps the way the way when you had them before. This restore can be kind of a pain, especially if you have a lot of apps and special settings. But, at the same time, this restore, wipes your phone and you are really starting fresh.

Seeing as you are changing model and not just trying to refresh your current handset I would recommend the new phone option. Although it is a pain to put everything back to the way that you wanted it, it is worth it. That way you know you are starting with a fresh restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends on how much stuff you have on old phone you want to keep.
    If both phones are on latest ios5 then back up to icloud on old phone and just pull everything down from icloud onto new phone.
    If you don't like it on the new phone you can always just resotre it to factory using itunes.

Advertisement