Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag in Galway

• 21-12-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all just need a bit of help here.
    I am looking to book a stag weekend for about 30 guys in galway

Any suggestions on any reasonable price accomodation.
    Looking to stay in a hotel where we can get a resident bar rather than in a hostel. But it would have to be reasonable priced too.

Also any suggestions on best activities to do around the city.
    I heard about palas arting but that is too far away. Jusat looking for something we can go to have a bit of banter for a few hours!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hotfizz

Imperial Hotel in Eyre Square would be a good option- Alot of bars /nightclubs link up with certain hotels & activity centres to offer discounts- I know Coyotes on Forster street have stag packages & is a great spot for all hen & stag parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yeah, Coyotes is a good spot. The barmaids dance on the counter every so often. Good looking barmaids too!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wollwead

woops wrote: »
    Hi all just need a bit of help here.
    I am looking to book a stag weekend for about 30 guys in galway

Any suggestions on any reasonable price accomodation.
    Looking to stay in a hotel where we can get a resident bar rather than in a hostel. But it would have to be reasonable priced too.

Also any suggestions on best activities to do around the city.
    I heard about palas arting but that is too far away. Jusat looking for something we can go to have a bit of banter for a few hours!

Victoria Hotel (it's pretty much ON Eyre Square). As far as I can remember I think they're circa €100 per room per night based on 2 sharing. Nice clean hotel in an ideal location with residents bar. I've stayed their twice for different stags and it's perfect! Also stayed in Jury's Inn but that ain't on Eyre Square although it is city centre based. Jury's Inn tends to be slightly more expensive I think.

Check out an activity for during the day if you're in to all kinds of sports, called www.pureskills.ie it's deadly craic. And enjoy it, Galway is KING. By far the best place in Ireland for a stag weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

What are they like to work for? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 COPA22

yeah the staff seemed nice if thats what you mean...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's funny because Coyotes has a really bad reputation in Galway itself. I guess any place is what you make it, once you have a crowd you won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wollwead

COPA22 wrote: »
    My Best friend had her hen at coyotes we had a brillant night the staff were really friendly .. and our party was really looked after
    music was good , ideal place for a hen night felt we could just let our hair down....

i know the stag night we met also felt the same way ... :))))

That's funny because if I remember correctly we ventured in to Coyotes for like 1 drink and coundn't wait to get out of the place! We didn't think much of it at all, thought there were much better places to go round Galway!

Just go and explore the place, it's full of life, Enjoy OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 woops

Thanks for the help all.
    At the moment the avg price is about 100euro for the 2 nights.
    Then it is 40-50 euro for an activity.
    Add in organising a bus from Kerry and that is nearly 200euro pp without a drink to be had! A bit too expensive so far to as ppl with kids to for that out.
    Trying to find somewhere approx 40pp with breakfast with a residents bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

hotfizz wrote: »
    Imperial Hotel in Eyre Square would be a good option- Alot of bars /nightclubs link up with certain hotels & activity centres to offer discounts- I know Coyotes on Forster street have stag packages & is a great spot for all hen & stag parties

coyotes is the hole of all holes i was forced to go there once and it was so boring i started lighting beer mats on fire, when the bouncer kicked me out i thanked him for showing me to the door!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

COPA22 wrote: »
    My Best friend had her hen at coyotes we had a brillant night the staff were really friendly .. and our party was really looked after
    music was good , ideal place for a hen night felt we could just let our hair down....

i know the stag night we met also felt the same way ... :))))

HA this lad has 3 posts all which support coyotes and he just joined suspicious much?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Coyotes wouldn't be great for an average night out but for hens I hear they're pretty good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭gaillimh

Trust me Coyotes is an absolute hole. I wouldn't advise going there at all. The other end of town is far better.
    For a stag I would recommend Jurys.Brilliant location right on Quay Street & surrounded by decent pubs. Also the Harbour Hotel by the docks would be a decent spot for a stag.Short walk to the centre of Galway (it is a very compact city).
    Both of these hotels should be relatively affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement