Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lazy postman who dumped 2500 letters in his boot avoids jail

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i mean what did he think was going to happen if he didnt send them that it would just go away..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Presumably he's been promoted as a result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

lol that reminds me of my brother- he lives in a big square and was waiting on an important letter. As he was going to work he saw postman come into the estate and asked had he any mail for no 12 to which the postman said ya.This is the conversation..

Bro - Have you got any mail for no 12
    Post - Sure do (walks off)
    Bro -Ah excuse me- can i have it- i live in no 12
    Post - No sorry
    Bro -Why not- i live in no 12 and ive to go to work- im waiting on a letter so can i have my mail
    Post - Can you prove who you are

My brother then showed him his i.d

Bro -Now can i have my mail
    Post - No- can you prove you live at no 12
    Bro - What?Ive just showed you my f**king I.D and my names on the letters
    Post -But its a very common name- you could be anyone
    Bro - Right ill go open my front door with my keys then will you give me my letters
    Post -Yes

So my brother drives back in- opens the front door and yells over to him

Bro - Now see- can i have my letters now
    Post -Yes wait there till ive delivered the rest of them
    Bro - *stormed over* give me my letters
    Post -I will when i have done the rest of the estate- your house is on the end im not changing my delivery route for you

Long story short my brother filed a complaint about him

Your brother sounds like a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Post man sounds like your typical jobsworth. No empathy for customers, uses the rulebook to the letter when it suits him. Gets pleasure from discommoding members of the public. The sort of guy who wouldn't answer the phone because he's on his tea break or it's a minute past four in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Post man sounds like your typical jobsworth. No empathy for customers, uses the rulebook to the letter when it suits him. Gets pleasure from discommoding members of the public. The sort of guy who wouldn't answer the phone because he's on his tea break or it's a minute past four in the afternoon.

You mean when he's not working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Like everything else, there's good and bad. Had a postman a few years ago who was great but his route changed, the new guy dumps the packages in the garden rather than knock on the door. Nothing has been stolen, but I've lost books to the rain if they're not shrink wrapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Our postman is awful! He's new, well at least new to our area. Our post always came between 8am-10am, but now we're lucky if it comes by 5pm. We're always getting next door's stuff too. I miss our old guy, its the worst if you're waiting for something important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Im deliverately going to post this story on facebook.
    We need to stamp out this kind of thing.
    By the letter of the law he should get the boot
    Typical mail
    etc etc etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement