Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a correct bill?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Is there any way to get a correct and up to date electricity bill?
    I would like to monitor the cost of my usage -
    DD went off account on Dec. 14th, providing new meter reading immediately when the online bill appeared did nothing to correct that bill.
    One week after DD went off a new bill appeared - with incorrect & too high readings.
    Is there any way I can pay up to today for instance?

Second question -
    the online bill has a bar code - can I pay print out the bill in advance & pay at the post office or will this mess up the direct debit discount?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello reading61,

When a bill is issued, either online or by post, you would have 14 days before the direct debit is withdrawn. If you enter a meter reading within the first 10 days (either by phone or online), this bill will be cancelled and we would reissue a new bill with the corrected meter readings. However, after the 10th day the direct debit collection would be presented to the bank, and once this occurs it would be too late to cancel the original bill and reissue a new bill. After this presentation has been made, the full amount of the bill would be collected by direct debit, and any payment made through the post office or other means, would be credited to your account and come off the next bill. If you would like me to take a look at your account, please PM me your account number, confirming that you are the named account holder along with your name, address, date of birth and telephone number.

The discount packages that we currently offer stipulate that the full amount of the bill must be paid by direct debit. Terms and conditions of our discount packages can be seen here.

I hope this information helps and if you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    Mark

Advertisement