Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights out at old N4 Junction

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I travel once a week along the M4 and take the route off at Kilcock to avoid the toll. Just as you come up the slip road and then exit off the roundabout to the old N4 heading towards Enfield the row of street lights there seems to be off as long as i can remember. This leaves the junction really hard to navigate. I have mailed Kildare County Council.

The reason im posting here is juet to see have others noticed how bad it is or has there been ant discussion here about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why is it hard to navigate? Were your lights on?

They've been out there a few times before and it's not that much of a disadvantage

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

Tallon wrote: »
    Why is it hard to navigate? Were your lights on?

They've been out there a few times before and it's not that much of a disadvantage

Yep my lights were on, i find that best when driving at night:-)

The lanes on the road are not marked the best. I car pool with one other and share the driving and the general consenus was it would be easier and safer with the lights on. I guess thats why they have lights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://airtricitysolutions.com/Content.aspx?key=report-fault

99% certain that Airtricity are responsible for KCC's lighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've been out there myself and don't see a problem.

MYOB - I doubt it's a fault. I'd say it's more likely a budgetary decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

unmetered connection. Its definitively *not* budgetary decision. The lights aren't monitored so they need faults reported.

• Advertisement
Advertisement