Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

jojom wrote: »
    thanks for letting me know, i thought i was the only person without a letter ! went to a solicitor on wed she has requested my medical records from tem i also requested tem 2wks ago ! so im hoping wen tey hear from her it will help move things quicker ?? fed up wit it all :(

got my confirmation letter today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Got one too, even though they already sent me out my medical records, maybe they are finally sending them all out this week.

kittymummy wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,

Thanks to all who wrote to me with advice, much appreciated.

I posted a letter to Shandon St hospital requesting my medical files and received a call back from Dr. R within 24hrs, confirming that I did not have Pip implants but Allergan. He also emailed a copy of my surgical records containing the lot numbers for the implants.

I am so relieved, but feel sorry for all who have Pip as I know how the worry of it all affects you. I am here to fully support you all and hopefully you will get some justice - great work to all who are fighting for some answers and with the support of each other you will get through this, stay strong xxxx

That's great news, delighted for you. At least now your sleepless nights will be because of your new baby and not because you're worrying about pips:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sylvia_PIP

hi everyone, this is my first post (only officially joined the forum last week) Have been very worried and knocked about like the rest of you. I received my PIP confirmation letter on 2nd feb and still waiting on MRI referral letter from <snip>. I rang 4 times now .. getting very frustrated with there laid back attitude. They said it was posted 2 weeks ago, was promised they would e-mail it to me Friday (still no sign of it arriving) Have explained to them that i have a burning in my right breast and also a small lump. Its a disgrace how they are dragging their feet, i know they are busy but maybe they should employ more staff if they can't keep up. I phoned my GP today and she is talking about referring me to Sandyford because I give up waiting on <snip> to send it to me, does anyone know if a GP referral is ok or does it have to be a surgeon referral (2 other clinics I contacted won't accept GP referral). Thanks for reading x

Sylvia_PIP wrote: »
    hi everyone, this is my first post (only officially joined the forum last week) Have been very worried and knocked about like the rest of you. I received my PIP confirmation letter on 2nd feb and still waiting on MRI referral letter from <snip>. I rang 4 times now .. getting very frustrated with there laid back attitude. They said it was posted 2 weeks ago, was promised they would e-mail it to me Friday (still no sign of it arriving) Have explained to them that i have a burning in my right breast and also a small lump. Its a disgrace how they are dragging their feet, i know they are busy but maybe they should employ more staff if they can't keep up. I phoned my GP today and she is talking about referring me to Sandyford because I give up waiting on <snip> to send it to me, does anyone know if a GP referral is ok or does it have to be a surgeon referral (2 other clinics I contacted won't accept GP referral). Thanks for reading x

Don't know if Galway is too much of a spin for you? But The Galway Clinic accepts GP referral - I got my MRI there. I'm not sure but I think other women went to the Beacon? Not sure if they accept GP referral though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

hi everyone, this is my first post (only officially joined the forum last week) Have been very worried and knocked about like the rest of you. I received my PIP confirmation letter on 2nd feb and still waiting on MRI referral letter from HMG. I rang 4 times now .. getting very frustrated with there laid back attitude. They said it was posted 2 weeks ago, was promised they would e-mail it to me Friday (still no sign of it arriving) Have explained to them that i have a burning in my right breast and also a small lump. Its a disgrace how they are dragging their feet, i know they are busy but maybe they should employ more staff if they can't keep up. I phoned my GP today and she is talking about referring me to Sandyford because I give up waiting on HMG to send it to me, does anyone know if a GP referral is ok or does it have to be a surgeon referral (2 other clinics I contacted won't accept GP referral). Thanks for reading x
    Hi sylvia a gp referal letter should be fine my gp actually referred me so get ur gp to fax it to the clinic of your choice and just to let you know that charter medical are doing mri scans for 280 euro if you are a patient with hmg hope your ok xxx

Hi all,
    I haven't been on here in a few days and to be honest, I'm disappointed at the turn the thread has taken.

I think everyone should be a bit more aware of how they are responding to posts.

I don't want to get involved in the whole argument about this and I don't want to be attacked for saying this - but this thread is supposed to be supportive and I'm definitely not getting that vibe anymore :( and if more care is not taken, then I think women will stop posting on this thread for fear of what might be said to them.......and that will not be a good thing for any of us:(
    Hi evergreen girl i think emotions are just running high at the moment i think if you look into that comment its just a woman at the end of her tether everyone is just feeling alone and vulnerable at the moment and dont think anyone should get into a silly arguement about it this is a very supportive thread and i dont know what i would have done without it and all of the supportive words and information no body is going to attack you for voicing your opinions that is what this is all about this is why we have freedom of speech so please ladies lets let this all go and go back to supporting each other hope you are all ok and doing well and please keep an eye on the media this week there are a few ladies doing an interview on the morning show tommorrow morning on tv3 and then primtime will air on thursday night so hopefully this will bring some much needed attention to this matter and hopefully we will all start to get resolution on this serious matter also

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Hi all,
    I haven't been on here in a few days and to be honest, I'm disappointed at the turn the thread has taken.

I think everyone should be a bit more aware of how they are responding to posts.

I don't want to get involved in the whole argument about this and I don't want to be attacked for saying this - but this thread is supposed to be supportive and I'm definitely not getting that vibe anymore :( and if more care is not taken, then I think women will stop posting on this thread for fear of what might be said to them.......and that will not be a good thing for any of us:(

Hi Evergreen,

Let it be known there's no arguments going on here, think emotions ran very high this morning and things were said without thinking how one comment can affect another, but I think the situation has been diffused anyway I'm glad to see from other posts. DD14 you're right, emotions running high, anger at how we ALL are being treated in this whole situation by clinics and surgeons alike. You just get through your appointment and hopefully things will work out for you. Saulite, I really understand how angry and frustrated you are with the clinic and you're well within your rights to feel this way. You have been treated shamefully by them, you're a lovely mannerly genuine person, and so you were just venting at the clinics, and that's allowed.

This is a supportive thread and there will be no arguing tolerated, this is why the Mods are always keeping a close eye as well. It's their job to step in if things get heavy, but no need here. If there was a problem we would have all known about it by now.

So ladies, let's focus on the postives this week, people going for MRI's the best of luck, same to everyone going back to their surgeons for follow ups, and to the ladies speaking out on TV3, we thank you and will look forward to seeing the programme tomorrow.

TV3 with Sybil and Martin (think the show featuring PIP starts around 10.30am onwards) so tune in all the ladies, and you will feel inspired and confident about going forward. Then Prime Time will be aired later this week, and wait until you see the support that will come from this.

Remember stay strong and positive like Little Miss Sunshine!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Hi Evergreen,

Let it be known there's no arguments going on here, think emotions ran very high this morning and things were said without thinking how one comment can affect another, but I think the situation has been diffused anyway I'm glad to see from other posts. DD14 you're right, emotions running high, anger at how we ALL are being treated in this whole situation by clinics and surgeons alike. You just get through your appointment and hopefully things will work out for you. Saulite, I really understand how angry and frustrated you are with the clinic and you're well within your rights to feel this way. You have been treated shamefully by them, you're a lovely mannerly genuine person, and so you were just venting at the clinics, and that's allowed.

This is a supportive thread and there will be no arguing tolerated, this is why the Mods are always keeping a close eye as well. It's their job to step in if things get heavy, but no need here. If there was a problem we would have all known about it by now.

So ladies, let's focus on the postives this week, people going for MRI's the best of luck, same to everyone going back to their surgeons for follow ups, and to the ladies speaking out on TV3, we thank you and will look forward to seeing the programme tomorrow.

TV3 with Sybil and Martin (think the show featuring PIP starts around 10.30am onwards) so tune in all the ladies, and you will feel inspired and confident about going forward. Then Prime Time will be aired later this week, and wait until you see the support that will come from this.

Remember stay strong and positive like Little Miss Sunshine!:)

I am really sorry ladies , I just got very angry and emotional how HMG treat us all different and why ... !! We should all be treated the same way , thats why I could not hide my emotions earlier and got real upset, but didn't mean to offend anyone if I did I am really sorry and hope you all get great help within your needs !!

• Advertisement

That's great news, delighted for you. At least now your sleepless nights will be because of your new baby and not because you're worrying about pips:).

kittymummy tats great news delighted 4 u xx

thanks for letting me know, i thought i was the only person without a letter ! went to a solicitor on wed she has requested my medical records from tem i also requested tem 2wks ago ! so im hoping wen tey hear from her it will help move things quicker ?? fed up wit it all :(

Hi jojom hope ur doin ok i kbow what it feels like u figh to find out and when u do it hits u like a ton of bricks i still havent received a letter just an email with a scaned page from my file confirming pip its awful but we will all get thru it together x

Just a shout out to all the ladies out there who either attended Clane General Hospital, Shandon Street Clinic, Hospital Group and Advanced Cosmetic Surgery.

You've all been quiet of late, hope you're all doing well. Feel free to post and share your experiences to date. How have you all gotten on with MRI's, ultrasounds, and appointments with surgeons in general. Would love to hear from you all, as HMG seem to feature heavily on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jessiebelle

Hey Sylvia
    I went to the Beacon and you dont need surgeon referral for them, just gp one.With the Charter and anywhere else that the <snip> mite send you, you need surgeon referral.The Beacon are very good and you will prob be waiting 2 weeks for an appointment.I got my results today.Everything was fine.The implants are intact so no bleeds, ruptures.I had my MRI on Thursday. Its a disgrace that HMG are not bothering to respond to you, even though you have told them about the pain and the lump.I think you would be better off sorting out your appointment yourself, because we all know how reliable <snip> are.
    I also got my medical report today from them. Its missing my photos, surprise, surprise.I know its great that I don't have any ruptures or anything but at the same time it means I can't get them out. Theres no way I can afford to get them removed and replaced.I'll just have to wait until hopefully my solicitor can sort something out.

Hey Sylvia
    I went to the Beacon and you dont need surgeon referral for them, just gp one.With the Charter and anywhere else that the <snip> mite send you, you need surgeon referral.The Beacon are very good and you will prob be waiting 2 weeks for an appointment.I got my results today.Everything was fine.The implants are intact so no bleeds, ruptures.I had my MRI on Thursday. Its a disgrace that HMG are not bothering to respond to you, even though you have told them about the pain and the lump.I think you would be better off sorting out your appointment yourself, because we all know how reliable <snip> are.
    I also got my medical report today from them. Its missing my photos, surprise, surprise.I know its great that I don't have any ruptures or anything but at the same time it means I can't get them out. Theres no way I can afford to get them removed and replaced.I'll just have to wait until hopefully my solicitor can sort something out.

Hi Jessiebelle,
    great that your implants seem to be ok so far and great for other ladies to hear that not all pips have ruptured. But yes, while I'm sure you were delighted to hear that, it is really terrible that it means you can't have them replaced unless you pay for it yourself :(.

But with all the upcoming media attention, hopefully the clinics will be forced to sort out ladies who don't have ruptures or bleeds. And as you say, your solicitor might be able to sort something out for you, fingers crossed.

My sister is still waiting for her MRI results and she is actually praying that there is something wrong with them :eek: so she can get them replaced for free like me, but me and the rest of my family are obviously hoping they are fine as who knows what the longterm implications will be from this industrial silicone gel.

And Sylvia, like Jessiebelle says, you are def better off to sort out your own appointment with a GP referral. And at least then, your MRI report will be sent to your GP which personally I thought was better than having it sent straight to HMG. You can always scan a copy of it and email it to HMG afterwards to see what they say to you about it. Also if you need HMG's direct Dublin number, pm me and I'll give it to you - I personally didn't have any luck getting through to them on their 1800 number.

Finally best of luck to the ladies who have been brave enough to agree to sit on the couch today with Sybil and Martin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

Morning Ladies,

Still no MRI updates but its fine, I can wait another day or two. I just wanted to ask again if there are any hospital group ladies on this thread who would like to link up and share experiences. It would be a good way to keep tabs on what each of us are being told individually by the hospital group. Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat. It would be greatly appreciated.

Im sitting on tenterhooks waiting for the morning show, Have tv3 on now and Im even sitting through Jeremy Kyle in case I miss anything! Dont know which is worse! :)

Well done to the ladies who will be on the show this morning, it takes great courage to speak out, hats off to you all!

• Advertisement

Just watched the morning show.
    Well done Susan, Lisa and Sarita :). A really, really great interview and ye came across so well (and the 3 of ye looked fab ;)) .

Well done Susan, Lisa and Sarita :). A really, really great interview and ye came across so well (and the 3 of ye looked fab ;)) .
    Girls it was brilliant well done you all really got the point accross so well so proud of you all big pat on the back for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nettie80 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies,

Still no MRI updates but its fine, I can wait another day or two. I just wanted to ask again if there are any hospital group ladies on this thread who would like to link up and share experiences. It would be a good way to keep tabs on what each of us are being told individually by the hospital group. Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nettie,
    fingers crossed for you on your MRI results. if I remember correctly, I think Upset Lady and Belle2012 were also with Hospital Group. Neither of them has posted lately but I'm sure they are still reading the thread and wouldn't mind if you pm'd them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

Well done ladies, you were all fab and looked amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shakira2010

hi everyone, im just wondering is there anyone can help me on how i find out if i have pip's. i had my breast augmentation in 2009 in shandon street hospital in cork. i have moved address so dont know did i get any letters or not about did i have them or not.. but i have tried ringing the clinic but not getting any response. im worried if i do have them and what will i do???

• Advertisement

hi everyone, im just wondering is there anyone can help me on how i find out if i have pip's. i had my breast augmentation in 2009 in shandon street hospital in cork. i have moved address so dont know did i get any letters or not about did i have them or not.. but i have tried ringing the clinic but not getting any response. im worried if i do have them and what will i do???

Hi Shakira,
    glad you joined our thread :).

As far as I know, you can contact the Irish Medicines Board 01-6764971 and they will give you the details for the liquidator of the shandon street hospital. The liquidator will have your records, although you may be waiting a couple of weeks to find out.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, hopefully one of the other posters who had their surgery in Shandon St. will get back to you with better info.

hi im new to this i have tried contacting the clinic i got my breast implants and they are closed down, shandon street clinic how will i know if i have had pip's??? i had mine done in 2009 and im scared :((..wat will i do know where do i go ???

thank you for replying to me i contacted them they are going to get someone to ring be back...i really appreciate it xx

hi im new to this i have tried contacting the clinic i got my breast implants and they are closed down, shandon street clinic how will i know if i have had pip's??? i had mine done in 2009 and im scared :((..wat will i do know where do i go ???

Shakira,
    of course you're scared and it's very worrying to have to deal with this but try ringing the Irish Medicines Board to get the info you need. You may not have PIPs so try not to worry until you can get confirmation (easier said than done, I know :rolleyes:).

hi shakira 2010 as evergreen girl said if you contact the imb and ask them for the number for the liquidators and when you contact them they should be able to point you in the right direction and also I know that Joseph mccarthy solicitor in cork might be representing some clients from shandon street hospital you could also contact him in regards to getting your medical files the actual hospital should have your records even if they are archived is there any way you can contact the hospital directly or has the whole department closed down? hope you get ur records soon and really hope u dont have pips and dont worry you could be one of the lucky ones xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Thanks evergreen it was nerve wrecking but hopefully we will have a positive outcome from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

To the girls who were on Ireland am this morning, I wish ye the very best of luck and to tell ye never back down. Why people are being negative is beyond me, as I remember one of the girls saying someone told she deserved to get cancer. I really hope the woman who would wish such a horrible disease on anyone can sleep at night, as there are thousands of women(and men believe or not) being diagnosed wth breast cancer, do they all deserve it too?

Thank you so much booboo88 for you kind words of support it took us a lot of courage to come forward and speak out about these clinics and we appreciate you support so again I thank you

just watched the morning show on 3player congrats girls u wer fab so confident and well spoken and informative u shud b proud of urselves tanx sooooooo much :)

wen is the prime time show airing ?

Well said Evergreen, they were fabulous, very confident speakers, got all the important things said, and looked beautiful, and more importantly a meeting with the IMB. Here we all go ladies, on the right road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Thanks ladies for all the words of support, we were very nervous but really wanted to get our point out there, we are on the right road. Have not been online in a bit so hope everyone is doing ok?

PRIME TIME -RTE ONE-9.30PM THURSDAY 1ST MARCH
    Finally ladies we got the phone call for the green light for prime time this thursday
    Myself and Jean from pip action group ireland have interviewed for the show. We have done our best to tell
    Our story and explain the fears, concerns and fustrations of the women involved in this issue.
    Thank youto all for the messages of support, going public has not been easy for any of us involved
    But hopefully it will get us the result we all need.
    Stay strong ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

To you such brave brave ladies on tv3 this morning, you Shuld be so so proud of yourselfs. Like myself, I wouldn't be brave enough and I want to thank you three ladies on behalf of all us pip ladies in Ireland, as you are our voices also. Best of luck with the imb and can't wait to see tomorrow nights prime time. Hopefully we won't be ignored and we will have a good outcome from this :-) so proud of you again. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

Thanks evergreen we tried our best to get everything across and to give all of our pip ladies a voice and hopefully we will be heard.:o

Hope1 wrote: »
    To you such brave brave ladies on tv3 this morning, you Shuld be so so proud of yourselfs. Like myself, I wouldn't be brave enough and I want to thank you three ladies on behalf of all us pip ladies in Ireland, as you are our voices also. Best of luck with the imb and can't wait to see tomorrow nights prime time. Hopefully we won't be ignored and we will have a good outcome from this :-) so proud of you again. Xx

Thanks hope1 thats all we want is a good outcome for everyone, were not doing this as individuals we are doing this for everyone and I know for me its the scariest thing Ive ever done in my life but we're fighting for something we believe in

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Well said Evergreen, they were fabulous, very confident speakers, got all the important things said, and looked beautiful, and more importantly a meeting with the IMB. Here we all go ladies, on the right road.
    Thanks hun, I'm getting all embarrassed now:o:o:o

just watched the morning show on 3player congrats girls u wer fab so confident and well spoken and informative u shud b proud of urselves tanx sooooooo much :)

wen is the prime time show airing ?

Thank you Jojom looking forward to Primetime now the girls are really going to do us proud

Well done ladies, you were all fab and looked amazing.

Thank you appreciate all the support

ilmm2012 wrote: »
    Thanks hope1 thats all we want is a good outcome for everyone, were not doing this as individuals we are doing this for everyone and I know for me its the scariest thing Ive ever done in my life but we're fighting for something we believe in

Thankyou so much ladies for being so brave and being there for us !! It is for a good cause and I am sure all those 1500 ladies are feeling so much support now ... Well done ,I cant explain in words how thankful I am and I am sure something positive is on its way !!! xxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I don't have implants so I can't contribute a whole heap here BUT I do want to say that I saw TV3 yesterday, and thought the three ladies came across brilliantly. You said what needed to be said, in an articulate manner and methinks you'll be a force to reckon with. I hope the meeting with the IMO goes well and the outcome of this whole PIP thing goes well for every lady concerned. Good luck! :)

Loopie wrote: »
    I don't have implants so I can't contribute a whole heap here BUT I do want to say that I saw TV3 yesterday, and thought the three ladies came across brilliantly. You said what needed to be said, in an articulate manner and methinks you'll be a force to reckon with. I hope the meeting with the IMO goes well and the outcome of this whole PIP thing goes well for every lady concerned. Good luck! :)

Thanks Loopie, nice to hear that from someone who is not affected by this whole issue. It means a lot and just spurs us on to keep working as hard as we all have been. It hasn't been an easy journey so far, but the support from posting on this thread, the feedback and supportive comments mean so much. And yes the ladies who spoke out were absolutey inspiring and fabulous and are the most genuine lovely girls I could wish to meet. Don't forget to sign our petition please:D and spread the word amongst your family and friends, we need all the support we can get. Cheers

Hope1 wrote: »

Thanks for the kind words hope, we really were so nervous, our group PIP Action Group Ireland is determined to get us all a result and it helps a lot to hear we are reflecting well what pip ladies are going through. Thanks again for the kind words:)

kyra123 wrote: »
    PRIME TIME -RTE ONE-9.30PM THURSDAY 1ST MARCH
    Finally ladies we got the phone call for the green light for prime time this thursday
    Myself and Jean from pip action group ireland have interviewed for the show. We have done our best to tell
    Our story and explain the fears, concerns and fustrations of the women involved in this issue.
    Thank youto all for the messages of support, going public has not been easy for any of us involved
    But hopefully it will get us the result we all need.
    Stay strong ladies xx

Hi Ladies,

We got some great media coverage today in print in the daily mail, the hearald, the irish examiner, the star and the mirror! More interview to come next week in the independent on monday and the independent next weekend, also some radio interviews on the way too. Please feel free to mail me your stoires or point if you would like our group to voice your concerns- we will do our best.
    Prime time tomorrow, stay positive:)

sorry also ment to say if you have sent us a mail please bear with us we got alot of e mails yesterday and are trying to get through them as quick as we can. As we have said before we are just a group of women caught up in all this, we don t have an office but we do have determination if we dont have the answer to your questions we will do our best to send you in the right direction with our contacts to get them.

Thank you all again for the support on this thread I know i personally would not be able to do any of this without you ladies here on boards.ie xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kittymummy

Hi Shakira

I too went to Shandon St in 2008 and turns out I didn't have Pip so try not to worry.

The ex CEO of Shandon Clinic will correspond to all ladies who write to 73 Shandon Street Cork (giving their contact details and operation details) to request their medical files. Even though the clinic is closed, the mail is still collected.

I received a response within 24hrs of writing to them so you shouldn't be waiting too long for a response.

I was also informed that the Irish Medicines Board hold a list of PIP patients, so they should be able to confirm also.

Best of luck and let me know how it goes xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Pippy12

Hi girls
    Havent been on in awhile. Just wanted to say well done for ye're performance on the morning show. Ye all came across very well and finally I feel like our thoughts and concerns are been broadcast to the public. Without ye're bravery this whole mess would probably be swept under the carpet! Looking forward to prime time tonight and again well done ye really did us proud.

On a sadder note got results of my MRI yesterday, which was also the day Harley finally sent me my confirmation letter that I had PIP implants. I have a leak and inflammed lymph nodes on my left side and the right side was inconclusive!! On a slightly more positive note I am within the 6yrs so I am entitled to get mine replaced for free. I have not met the surgeon yet I have opted to wait until May to have my surgery (my own decision). If this had not come to light I could have been sitting here for another 4 or 5 years with industrial silicone leaking into my body! Not impressed. For all I know this leak could have been there for the last 4 or 5 years!!

I wonder ifthe price of my MRI will be refunded to me, if my 3 trips to Dublin will be funded and if my travel expenses to Mullingar will be funded. I also wonder if I will be compensated for the pain I am going to have to go through for removal and replacement, and the pain and recovery time in the weeks that follow the operation.

While I am annoyed I was ever put in this situation I am relieved I'll have them replaced for free as I do not have a fraction of the money needed to replace them myself. So for all ye girls who do not have leaks or ruptures I would still like to offer my support , no of us deserved to have this product inserted into our bodies and none of us deserve to have to pay to have this faulty, substandard product removed!!

Pippy12 wrote: »
    Hi girls
    Havent been on in awhile. Just wanted to say well done for ye're performance on the morning show. Ye all came across very well and finally I feel like our thoughts and concerns are been broadcast to the public. Without ye're bravery this whole mess would probably be swept under the carpet! Looking forward to prime time tonight and again well done ye really did us proud.

On a sadder note got results of my MRI yesterday, which was also the day Harley finally sent me my confirmation letter that I had PIP implants. I have a leak and inflammed lymph nodes on my left side and the right side was inconclusive!! On a slightly more positive note I am within the 6yrs so I am entitled to get mine replaced for free. I have not met the surgeon yet I have opted to wait until May to have my surgery (my own decision). If this had not come to light I could have been sitting here for another 4 or 5 years with industrial silicone leaking into my body! Not impressed. For all I know this leak could have been there for the last 4 or 5 years!!

I wonder ifthe price of my MRI will be refunded to me, if my 3 trips to Dublin will be funded and if my travel expenses to Mullingar will be funded. I also wonder if I will be compensated for the pain I am going to have to go through for removal and replacement, and the pain and recovery time in the weeks that follow the operation.

While I am annoyed I was ever put in this situation I am relieved I'll have them replaced for free as I do not have a fraction of the money needed to replace them myself. So for all ye girls who do not have leaks or ruptures I would still like to offer my support , no of us deserved to have this product inserted into our bodies and none of us deserve to have to pay to have this faulty, substandard product removed!!

I am so sorry to hear you have go thru this , it I would suggest you to keep all your reciepts for all expenses you had so far .. I am keeping mine.. I would get in touch with solicitor , he will give you the right direction , you don't have to pay for consultation ..If you going to replace them in HMG I heard they are asking you to sign some pre operation papers , make sure you read thru very carefull ... I think thr shudn't be any problem of going legal with them if thats your choise ! The other thing is they coming up with this report in IMB with such a small % of rupture and in real fact thr are so many girls with leaks and ruptures after scans .. Stay strong please xxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

Hi Pippy12

So sorry to hear about your results, cant imagine how you must be feeling, good luck with your op in May :) I was wondering if you had any inclination of a rupture before hand? Did you have any symptoms or cause for concern before you had your scan? I have read previous posts where ladies have said they knew something was wrong or had problems with their implants. Personally, I have had no issues at all and am awaiting my results from my mri and its just made me want to ask if its possible to have a rupture but with no obvious signs or symptoms.

Thanks

Hi girls

Hi girls

Hi Pippy12,
    Sorry to hear your news. Hope you are ok and if you need anything just let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitty31

SBJ wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first time posting, I had PIP implants in 2008 via the Harley Medical Group. I got a referal letter from Harley for an MRI which I had done on Monday in the the Beacon Hospital and I have a rupture in both implants. I am booked in for surgery on the 29th February and just feel so depressed and scared :(

Hi every1 its my first time on this to...I had mine done wit <snip> in 2008 aswell i got scan few wks ago and had rupture... I was so scared and had to go for consultation with <snip> before opp and the way i was treated by surgeon was terrible made me feel so intimidated sorry not tryin to scare anyone.... I had my opp last fri but i was so scared going in for it he never made me feel one bit comfortable like i had done wrong, but had no choice i had to get it done,i have 2 small kids and had to think of them and my health... I didnt have the money to pay to get them done again like alot of women.. and should NOT have to..... My opp went well other than that thank God still on the mend..Have Check up on Sat and will be putting Complaint in against him once im checked over and he will get a piece of my mind over the Way i was treated.. How DARE HE..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement