Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me an iphone 4s cover or case??

• 21-12-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Want something I can get in a bricks & mortar shop before the Crimbo.

I’m a little baffled by the variety of choice and the fact that some shop assistants say iphone4 covers will fit the 4S.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good cover that isn’t to unfashionable but provides decent protection? That’s presuming such a cover exists!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

kneejerk wrote: »
    Want something I can get in a bricks & mortar shop before the Crimbo.

I’m a little baffled by the variety of choice and the fact that some shop assistants say iphone4 covers will fit the 4S.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good cover that isn’t to unfashionable but provides decent protection? That’s presuming such a cover exists!

Otterbox commuter €35 in compuB stores maybe available at Carphone or Vodafone shops too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Depends, do you want a heavy protection or just a light scratch protection?

Heavy:
    Incase Slider
    Incipio Edge
    Otterbox

Light:
    Incase Snap Case
    Incipio Feather
    Acase Superleggera
    Pinlo Slice 3
    Sonix Snap Slim Case

You can also do a bumper(UltraCase Ultra Slim Bumper, TheHishop Skinny Bumper) + SlickWraps combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This guy is selling bookbook cases in Dublin, cheap at 35 euro. I assume Dublin since you didn't bother with mentioning a location.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/2773483

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Thanks guys....I think I will go with the incase slider....they look solid and aren’t too bulky

The book case is pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kneejerk wrote: »
    Thanks guys....I think I will go with the incase slider....they look solid and aren’t too bulky

The book case is pretty cool!

Slight warning, Incase Sliders lift up screen protectors and make them bubble.

With 3GS Steinheil SGP screen protector + Incase Slider worked perfectly, however with four, the same combo lifted and caused bubbles, I don't know whether Steinheil fixed the screen protector size not to touch the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm using a gizmobies skin!

Doesn't add much bulk at all to the phone itself, like them so much I bought one for each of my family. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

biko wrote: »
    This guy is selling bookbook cases in Dublin, cheap at 35 euro. I assume Dublin since you didn't bother with mentioning a location.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/2773483

That is well cool!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I bought a lot of the In Case Sliders as they are the best....

Saved my phone on numerous times

Advertisement