Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security code for my Dad's old work Nokia 6300?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

My Dad has given me his old Nokia 6300 from work as his was replaced and I am trying to delete all the contacts from the phone in one go but it needs the security code and the default 12345 is not working.

What's the best way to get this?

My father's employer I'm sure get the phone from some agency so going through them would be messy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If 12345, 1234, 0000, 00000 don't work somebody has changed the security code somewhere along the line, most probably your dad if he was given it at work when it was new, you don't need the security code to delete contacts or messages unless someone has also put the lock on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

If 12345, 1234, 0000, 00000 don't work somebody has changed the security code somewhere along the line, most probably your dad if he was given it at work when it was new

Thanks, but none of those work so it seems the supplier or someone in my Dad's office has changed the code.
    you don't need the security code to delete contacts or messages unless someone has also put the lock on that.
    dusf wrote: »
    I am trying to delete all the contacts from the phone in one go but it needs the security code

Would Vodafone be able to unlock it for me, or supply me with a 'master security code'?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dusf wrote: »
    Would Vodafone be able to unlock it for me, or supply me with a 'master security code'?

Not the phone code, they would give you the puk for the network unlock code, neither is what you need. You can take it to phone unlock shop and get them to remove the lock. Will cost roughly €25

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your best solution is to use Nokia Sync to replicate the phone book into MS Outlook on a PC, then delete all bar one of the contacts in the Outlook addressbook, sync again and the address book will be scrubbed leaving that single entry which you can then manually delete on the phone. Leaving one contact in Outlook means that the sync doesn't count as a complete wipe clean.

Advertisement