Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Order Appeal Form

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I would appreciate some advice regarding this form, my plight is in a thread below and you will see my genuine reasons to have this reduced.

I picked up the appeal form and have most of it filled in but need help to complete it.

Do I need to get a Peace Commissioner to sign it before I serve it on my ex?Does his signature have to be on it?Can I deliver it to her solicitor instead?

Do I give her a copy of the form even if it is not signed by the court clerk or do I just hand her a letter stating my intention to appeal?

Court Clerk keeps spelling it out that he won't be assisting me with filling it out.

Clock is against me and appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Find out who your local peace commissioner is and get their help and advice.
    Your local Garda (police) station should be able to give you the name and address of a Peace Commissioner in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

When I appealed a district court decision to the circuit court I just filled out the forms in the district court, got them stamped in the district court. they took a copy to send to the circuit court, I got a copy and I sent a regestered copy to my ex. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What snor said sounds about right. This is a court order you are appealing. You cannot simply serve a Peace Commissioner notarised affidavit on your ex - the appeal needs to be registered with the court. The form itself should tell you where it needs to be registered.

Have you spoken to anyone in FLAC? You need legal advice on this.

In fact I'm inclined to close this thread unless you do seek legal advice. The internet is not the place to seek this kind of help - you need professional assistance. I'm not closing it right now but it's borderline.

Advertisement