Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investors

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all....I am enquiring about investors in a business, or where I would be able to contact them. I am interested in starting a business in Enniscorthy but would need capital for start-up, promotion, etc. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The county enterprise board -

http://www.wexfordceb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

furerer wrote: »
    Hi all....I am enquiring about investors in a business, or where I would be able to contact them. I am interested in starting a business in Enniscorthy but would need capital for start-up, promotion, etc. Any help appreciated.

In the early days it tends to be the 3 f's
    Friends, Family and Fools. You will have to have been seen to have tapped these resources first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

OK, thanks for those 2 answers, but the ceb?? forget that unless you're employing a 100, or can start-up on a 1000 euro. The 3 f's!!!! you sound hopefull......fools? what sort of an answer is that? I was hoping for a more adult response, so unless someone out there has a usefull answer regarding investors, (which normally means private), the sort of responses so far are not what I'm seeking. I wonder if the "dragons den" investors ask new businesses if they've asked fools for money first?

I'm not surprised that Ireland has very little growth if the answers so far are anything to go by. I'm sure the whole country knows about the obvious groups that are supposed to assist new businesses......but they are as usefull as a ball of goat shyte........pretty much like fas!!

So let me re-write the op slightly..just so as not to let the confused give advice which, might be ok for someone fresh out of school, but is not for a mature adult with many years experience behind him, yes....that means myself.

I'm seeking a private investor, preferably silent, that would listen to a plan for a new business that is currently not in the town. I am not interested in govt bodied organisations as their criteria is not pertaining to my business and as stated above they do not encompass most new set-up's. If someone can direct me to a location where these type of investors exist I would be most gratefull. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

The 3 f's!!!! you sound hopefull......fools? what sort of an answer is that? I was hoping for a more adult response, so unless someone out there has a usefull answer regarding investors, (which normally means private), the sort of responses so far are not what I'm seeking.

I'm not surprised that Ireland has very little growth if the answers so far are anything to go by.

So let me re-write the op slightly..just so as not to let the confused give advice which, might be ok for someone fresh out of school, but is not for a mature adult with many years experience behind him, yes....that means myself.

I'm seeking a private investor, preferably silent, that would listen to a plan for a new business that is currently not in the town. I am not interested in govt bodied organisations as their criteria is not pertaining to my business and as stated above they do not encompass most new set-up's. If someone can direct me to a location where these type of investors exist I would be most gratefull. Thanks.

Oh chillax !!
    The tone of your post wud frighten off any possible investors.......

A change of attitude would go a long way ...

Just sayin'

• Advertisement

Sure they're ten-a-penny nowadays :rolleyes:
    I am not interested in govt bodied organisations as their criteria is not pertaining to my business

Why, will your business be illegal or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Judgement Day is the one to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

klong wrote: »
    Judgement Day is the one to ask

Thanks for your vote of confidence. :rolleyes: However, if I knew of a source of funds I would keep it to myself as I have plenty of ideas but no dosh. The OP could try the usual route i.e. an advertisement seeking an investor in the local/national press. The County Enterprise Boards used to be quite good but probably don't have access to serious funds these days. That said, if they like the business idea they might be able to introduce the OP to potential investors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

With respect, if you have to come onto an internet forum to ask about stuff like this, you probably have a fair bit of homework left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Indeed, with respect, if you could get your message across coherently you might have a better chance too. No use complaining about people "frsh out of school" when you can hardly hang a sentence together yourself.

That aside, look up "venture capital" on Google. You should get a few better ideas of where these investors hang out than you will on a forum about Wexford.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Mine name is Prince Mohammed and I hail from Nigeria. It was by divine intervention that my half-brother lives in Wexford and brought this post to my attention.

Please send me your address and I shall send you a cheque for 10 times the amount you are looking for.

Once you receive the cheque, send me back 5 times the amount you are looking for and please keep the rest.

God bless you my son.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

LLU wrote: »
    With respect, if you have to come onto an internet forum to ask about stuff like this, you probably have a fair bit of homework left to do.

was thinking the very same.

I'm starting a new business and need investors. lets ask on a social forum based webpage.

best of luck mein fuhrer furerer

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

OK, thanks for those 2 answers, but the ceb?? forget that unless you're employing a 100, or can start-up on a 1000 euro. The 3 f's!!!! you sound hopefull......fools? what sort of an answer is that? I was hoping for a more adult response, so unless someone out there has a usefull answer regarding investors, (which normally means private), the sort of responses so far are not what I'm seeking. I wonder if the "dragons den" investors ask new businesses if they've asked fools for money first?

I'm not surprised that Ireland has very little growth if the answers so far are anything to go by. I'm sure the whole country knows about the obvious groups that are supposed to assist new businesses......but they are as usefull as a ball of goat shyte........pretty much like fas!!

OK I work in the industry and the 3fs is a commonly used phrase and not pejorative term. My advice still stands anyway with but with your attitude you,'ll go along way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Surely a person of your knowledge and experience would be happy to help out your beloved county :rolleyes:

Thanks for your vote of confidence. :rolleyes: However, if I knew of a source of funds I would keep it to myself as I have plenty of ideas but no dosh. The OP could try the usual route i.e. an advertisement seeking an investor in the local/national press. The County Enterprise Boards used to be quite good but probably don't have access to serious funds these days. That said, if they like the business idea they might be able to introduce the OP to potential investors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

klong wrote: »
    Surely a person of your knowledge and experience would be happy to help out your beloved county :rolleyes:

As it happens, I have quite a lot of experience in dealing with County Enterprise Boards but as you should know experience counts for little in this town. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I just want to let you know where I am on this, I'm out.............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

You can't even string a sentence together and your looking for investment ideas on a forum.

Go boil your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

WOW lol well that would put me off straight away what a tone to use with your hand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

wexford12 wrote: »
    WOW lol well that would put me off straight away what a tone to use with your hand out.

An attitude that wud make for TV Gold on Dragons Den !!

Advertisement