Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What class/spec to play PVP (Swtor) ?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Ok so im playing a Jedi Guardian as my Main character with the hopes of going tank end game and i was doing some PVP last night and found that i just seemed really weak compared to the other guys who seemed to be doing tons of damage to me.

So i was thinking maybe Jedi Guardian isnt such a good idea for PVP and i was wondering if there is any setup Class/Spec or Strat that you guys could share that yous are using that seems to be working in PVP.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What level are you? Guardians/Juggs are slow starters but improve a lot at higher levels.

Ultimately though it depends what you want from pvp. If you want a killing machine which gives the 'big number' in damage at the end of the warzone, then definitely roll another class.

If you want the most useful class for actually completing objectives and that's most likely to single handedly change the outcome of the game, stick with your Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Loving my Bounty Hunter making all the evil storyline choices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Currently an (Over)Power(ed)tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dermighty wrote: »
    Currently an (Over)Power(ed)tech
    Ssshhhh, not so loud - they might balance us out!

Im not sure which way i wanna spec my bounty hunter i wanna be dps but able to tank abit, have no interest in tanking for groups

• Advertisement

...then who do you want to tank for?

It's a pretty easy pic for Hunters - if you want tanking options, go Powertech - if you want Healing options, Mercenary.

When i say tank for myself i mean i just don't wanna be a glass cannon

Gotcha - Honestly, both specs of Bounty Hunter will do you a lot of good in that respect, as they're both Heavy Armour users. So a good way to decide it would be to think about range - Powertech DPS is quite upclose and personal wheras Mercenary DPS is longer range.

Yea im liking Aoe damage atm, at low levels it is great fun to run into range of 5-6 mobs my level and send in an exploding dart and just as its about to go off do death from above and blow them all to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Raphael wrote: »

which powertech spec is over powered?ive bene gettin destroyed in pvp, i only tried level 16 so mayb its just too low and i dont have the tools yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

CyberJuice wrote: »

which powertech spec is over powered?ive bene gettin destroyed in pvp, i only tried level 16 so mayb its just too low and i dont have the tools yet?

Powertech can be really awesome in pvp if you use it's full toolkit. I saw a vid on YouTube of someone playing powertech in beta. They were using there grappling hook to pull people into the green slime in huttball. Seemed like a lot of control in fights rather then retarded dps.

Powertech can be really awesome in pvp if you use it's full toolkit. I saw a vid on YouTube of someone playing powertech in beta. They were using there grappling hook to pull people into the green slime in huttball. Seemed like a lot of control in fights rather then retarded dps.
    That grapple's done me a huge amount in Huttball - I've used it to pull an enemy ball carrier in, finish them off and do a short run to the goal. Plus you can use it to pull people back away from the end zone, and buy your team enough time to drop them.

The jet charge is also amazing - Once or twice used that to pop past a flamethrower, or hop from the little pit back up to a gantry.

Movement is great in Huttball - Honestly, I'd say it's key. And Shieldtech Hunters are the only ones (afaik, may be wrong) who get a pull and a charge.

Movement is great in Huttball - Honestly, I'd say it's key. And Shieldtech Hunters are the only ones (afaik, may be wrong) who get a pull and a charge.
    Guardian's/Juggernauts get a push and a charge (2 charges if they spec for it) which actually ends up being more useful than the BH Version. There's nothing as satisfying as leaping up to an enemy ballcarrier that's only a few feet from the line and punting them straight back down into the pit.

Going back to the OP, the above is exactly what makes the Guardian/Jugg rock in PvP. Combine the movement abilities with a free spammable (when talented) snare, guard and taunt to protect the ball carrier as well as a shield, reduction in damage and temp health boost when you are the ball carrier and you come out with incredible utility.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

merc bounty hunter , pwning face atm

I do wish I had a push alright, though I wouldn't say the second charge is that useful if it's the one I'm thinking of (jump to a friendly). Don't really need it more often than every 15 seconds.

Tanks are great in Huttball in general, the amount of survivability on the ball is great. =)

I do wish I had a push alright, though I wouldn't say the second charge is that useful if it's the one I'm thinking of (jump to a friendly). Don't really need it more often than every 15 seconds.
    Actually I forgot about that one as it's level 50 and I don't have it yet, so that makes 3 of them. The one I was thinking of is the 11 point talent in the Obliterate/Focus tree which gives a second leap to an enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm finding a Sith Assassin quite fun for PvP. Nice enough burst and some nice stuns. Will try PvP healing on my Agent later.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Actually I forgot about that one as it's level 50 and I don't have it yet, so that makes 3 of them. The one I was thinking of is the 11 point talent in the Obliterate/Focus tree which gives a second leap to an enemy.
    Really? Shweet, that must help with cooldowns. Must remember to throw the ball to Juggs more often, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

Playing Jedi Consular Shadow... Infiltration is dirt in pvp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Bounty Hunter, powertech...

grappling hook can be used to pull people off cliffs, ledges and into the hutball corrosive slime...

VICTORY! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement