Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing an Xbox 360 - questions

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Interested in buying an Xbox 360. What would people recommend I look out for in a bundle?

Have a PS3, the BlueRay gave out and I will get it fixed eventually, but I have a load of vouchers for a high-street video game retailer.

I'd mostly play FIFA and COD games.

Also, what would I need to recharge the controllers? Do they just ship controllers you stick batteries in?

Thanks,
    timmy_mallet

*WHOOOPS - WRONG SECTION - Please move*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You're going to be playing COD/FIFA online so straight away I would rule out the 4gb console - any maps downloads would quickly fill up that space.

I wouldn't really be able to help with brick and mortar options although I have heard HMV can be quite good ("don't quote me").

You need a "play and charge" kit to charge a controller. They're an optional purchase but can come in handy. Personally speaking, I got an 18 pack of duracel batteries for just over a fiver in b&q about 3 weeks ago and tbh, they'll probably last me the guts of 18 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

theteal wrote: »
    You're going to be playing COD/FIFA online so straight away I would rule out the 4gb console - any maps downloads would quickly fill up that space.

I wouldn't really be able to help with brick and mortar options although I have heard HMV can be quite good ("don't quote me").

You need a "play and charge" kit to charge a controller. They're an optional purchase but can come in handy. Personally speaking, I got an 18 pack of duracel batteries for just over a fiver in b&q about 3 weeks ago and tbh, they'll probably last me the guts of 18 months

Cheers - have vouchers for GAME, so I'm stuck with their choices of bundles.

Will probably go for a 250GB with FIFA12 bundle, I suppose.

Top tip on the batteries too, nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

AFAIK Harvey Norman have the basic 4Gb version for €157, HMV sell it for €169.99 with Battlefield 3

Advertisement