Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda Stream Concentrate

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Anyone know if any of the supermarkets stock SodaStream Concentrate? Or anywhere else in Dublin you can get it?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Try Maplin & Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

argos were doing the taster packs were you get a mixture of a few flavours

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also have a go fizzing up fruit juices, you can dilute them and add a little sugar syrup, like britvic 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

rubadub wrote: »
    Also have a go fizzing up fruit juices, you can dilute them and add a little sugar syrup, like britvic 55.

I was wondering if you just add normal fruit concentrate (like Miwadi) how it would taste. I guess it would be ok???

It turns out OK, they already sell cans of fizzy ribena. I am not sure of the price of soda stream equipment & gas, it might be cheaper to buy own brand fizzy water and add concentrate too it.

The advantage I saw of the soda stream over doing this is you can fizz the fruit juice itself (i.e. with fizzy water you have to use a concentrate). And also you can revive the end of a 2L of coke, which is often gone flat and horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

We buy the really nice cordials for ours, the Bottle Green ones or the Bellvoir, you get them in most supermarkets I think, I know for sure that Avoca have them.... They are about 6euro per bottle but totally worth it, the flavours are incredible.

Mi Wadi/Ribena tastes good too though!!

Tesco have a "hi" range of cordials, with a 50% blackcurrant version.

If you get your hands on citric acid (in asian supermarkets) you can have a go making your own cordials. I used to get shloer as a kid at christmas as a kids version of wine. These are the ingredients
    Carbonated Water,White Grape Juice (36%) ,Glucose-Fructose Syrup ,Malic Acid ,Natural Flavours ,Citric Acid ,Vitamin C (Fruit Juice from Concentrate)

grape juice is about 16% sugar so already very high. Coke etc is about 10-11% and lilt is only 5% sugar. So even diluted in half grape juice is pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Aldi and Lidl high juice fruit concentrate is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

house of fraser in dundrum have the original soda stream concentrates

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Arnotts has them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

rubadub wrote: »
    I am not sure of the price of soda stream equipment & gas, it might be cheaper to buy own brand fizzy water and add concentrate too it.

It works out well if transporting all the bottles of water is a problem.

If you could get orange juice (and other) concentrates it would work out really well.

Advertisement