Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site review

Options
  • 21-12-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey guys me again - have a new site which is launched now but looking to highlight it in Jan after I fix and tweek it your comments would be much appreciated. www.fitnessfortept.com

Happy Christmas to you all
    B

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

swordsinfo wrote: »
    Hey guys me again - have a new site which is launched now but looking to highlight it in Jan after I fix and tweek it your comments would be much appreciated. www.fitnessfortept.com

Happy Christmas to you all
    B

Two things I don`t like:
    The facebook image on top right corner I think is too big..its bigger than your logo, and I don't like that you used the slider on all pages.I think would look better to only use the slider on index.

Apart from that looks good..i like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

Cheers for the feed back - he wants to highlight the social media end of things hence why its so prominent - the slider - it should only slide on the home page and be "static" on all the other pages so not to distract.

I was pretty happy with the site as sometimes CMS systems can make sites look like they are thrown together - I think at least this site looks consistent.

As always much appreciate your feedback - will say it to the owner regarding the size of icon and see what he says

Cheers
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

looks good. a few issues from my side....

Premier is spelled wrong the whole way through- it's not "priemier"

the blue tab to show that something is selected is missing from the "or clients" page. Same with the home tab actually! Also on the clients page I don't understand why there is "read more" links- everything is already visible on the client page, clicking it doesn't give you anything new!

I really really dislike that you have to fill in a request form to see the timetable. I think thats potentially harmful for business. It should be viewable on the site i think.

I also agree with pixeldesign that the facebook logo is too big.

The logo should also be a link back to the homepage.

Other than all the above, which to be fair is mainly nitpicking, well done! :) Looks good.

looks good. a few issues from my side....

Premier is spelled wrong the whole way through- it's not "priemier"

the blue tab to show that something is selected is missing from the "or clients" page. Same with the home tab actually! Also on the clients page I don't understand why there is "read more" links- everything is already visible on the client page, clicking it doesn't give you anything new!

I really really dislike that you have to fill in a request form to see the timetable. I think thats potentially harmful for business. It should be viewable on the site i think.

I also agree with pixeldesign that the facebook logo is too big.

The logo should also be a link back to the homepage.

Other than all the above, which to be fair is mainly nitpicking, well done! :) Looks good.

Cheers for the info - premier tip would have missed that. thanks thats updated now.

Highlighted tabs - I updated the our clients it doesn't really work for the home tab but i will mention it to the client and see what he thinks.

Facebook item noted - i need to see what the return on this is if its high i will leave it as is as its getting the required market if its steady ill reduce down - may check the analytics to see what the click rate is on it also.

Fill in the form is the clients choice also - i bent a little on this as I see what he is trying to achieve but if the requests are low based on page views I will open it up to general viewing.

Logo link - i will sort that now.

Cheers again for your insight always helps me to create a much more solid product.

Happy new years to you all
    Regards
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

It is quite difficult to find color combination with dark backround color. So grey text that you use disapperas a littile bit and it is difficult to read such text!
    And two more things that I would change
    1) Font size seems to me a little bit small!
    2) I would also make borders from the left and right sides )
    Good luck,
    Fokebox

• Advertisement

Fokebox wrote: »
    It is quite difficult to find color combination with dark backround color. So grey text that you use disapperas a littile bit and it is difficult to read such text!
    And two more things that I would change
    1) Font size seems to me a little bit small!
    2) I would also make borders from the left and right sides )
    Good luck,
    Fokebox

I'll check the font size issue and see if it improves the content. Borders will check it out on 800px and see how she shapes up.

The text color is the second user to say that but I still don't see it. I will review it all again many thanks for your feedback.

Cheers
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 6 athlone.ie

Would suggest that you add proper altags, in particular to slider images - looks great, best of luck with it!

athlone.ie wrote: »
    Would suggest that you add proper altags, in particular to slider images - looks great, best of luck with it!

Will repair these this eve cheers and thanks for your input.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

swordsinfo wrote: »
    Will repair these this eve cheers and thanks for your input.
    B

187830.png

Text alignment would be the first thing that I would address.
    It's the same on (Personal Training, Meet our trainers, Videos, Fitness Tips, Locate Us and Contact Us).
    Happens in FF8 and IE9 anyway.

Even small bit of Cross browser testing goes a long way ;)

interesting - it looks fine on my ie 8 however when i zoom out to -3/4 it jumps - will have a look at the css to see possible probs cheers for the tip. Unfortunately no matter how much testing nyou do for other browsers IE seems to have a way of making it look like a well used brillo pad playing twister.

Cheers again for the feedback!

• Advertisement

solved css clear:both solved the rendering thanks for pointing that out!

Advertisement