Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing skype setup

Options
  • 21-12-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, i'm looking into sorting out skype; i was hoping u guys could give me some input onto which stuff to get?

I'm in Ireland, no landline, looking to get a mobile phone with skype on it. I'm currently on O2. I want to ring the USA (mobile only) and Philippines (landline or mobile). None of my relatives can use a computer, so it's gotta be via a phone. What's the cheapest way to set this up?

Should i be just looking for the cheapest phone on 02 that does skype? (Ready to Go - no bills!) See if i look for the 3 phone for skype, i gotta buy credit for that as well, friends are on 02, would like to keep it to one handset.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you need to call from the mobile, or can you use the computer at home if you already have internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's for my mom, she can't use a computer. It's mobile only (don't want to pay for a landline). If there's a way to make the call via the modem (that can just be plugged in) it'd be perfect. It's not ideal but thems the breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If you are going to make a lot of calls, get a landline in some shape or form and then people can also ring you.

From O2 you can cut out Skype with the likes of http://www.1call.ie or just get a Tesco mobile.

Advertisement