Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson dc29 vrs dc32???

• 21-12-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi there, can any people in the know let me know the pros or cons about the above vacuum cleaners ?
    They are the same price at 299 but the dc32 has 3 extra heads for couches, animal hairs etc. We haven't got pets but if the two hoovers are the same in every way then it would make sence getting the 32. I must also say we have asthma sufferers . If anyone has any comments I'd love to hear them. Also the guy in powercity told me they won't be reduced in Stephens day sale. Is this the norm for dyson stuff
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi there, can any people in the know let me know the pros or cons about the above vacuum cleaners ?
    They are the same price at 299 but the dc32 has 3 extra heads for couches, animal hairs etc. We haven't got pets but if the two hoovers are the same in every way then it would make sence getting the 32. I must also say we have asthma sufferers . If anyone has any comments I'd love to hear them. Also the guy in powercity told me they won't be reduced in Stephens day sale. Is this the norm for dyson stuff
    Cheers

I have a dyson for 6 years. Stowaway. CLASS. Best vaccum we ever had. and it does what it says on the tin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

What's a stowaway or is it the term used that it stows away neatly under the stairs??
    Do you have the dc 29 ? I'm defo getting a dyson just which model is the noodle scratcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

hawkelady wrote: »
    What's a stowaway or is it the term used that it stows away neatly under the stairs??
    Do you have the dc 29 ? I'm defo getting a dyson just which model is the noodle scratcher
    the stowaway is the one where the pipes wrapy around it and the vaccum pipes all fold up. ill check at home today which model. ours is old, i suspect its being superceeded now at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

DC22 Wood+Wool seems to be the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

I own a Dyson whatever one you pick.
    You will never look back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Everybody here praising Dyson,Nilfisk are the best brand vacuums on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

and why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

I have the DC29 animal (white longhaired dog!) which i bought in Powercity for €249 last year. I think this was a procing mistake, but I snapped it up! It comes with different heads, a spinning cyclong head that can be used for wooden floors and carpets (great for getting the hairs up out of!), a flatter head good for getting beneath furniture, and a nozzle with brush which i use for skirting boards, venetian blinds etc.

I also bought the mattress tool which works great on my sofas and stairs, and the dog grooming tool :D which the poor hound gets a good going over with fairly regularly!

DC29 is great, strong suction, simple to use, relatively lightweight if you need to carry it around. I would say it comes with most attachments the average household would need to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

j@utis wrote: »
    and why is that?

They last for years with continually strong suction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

They last for years with continually strong suction[/Quote]

The same could be said for dyson too, could it not???

• Advertisement
Advertisement