Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air France

Options
  • 21-12-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I have 2 flights booked with Air France for 29th December flying out of Dublin.
    Unfortunately, my girlfriend had to work on the 31st due to the VAT change so we can't go.
    I have been ringing the number for airfrance at Dublin airport (6050383) constantly for the past 3 days but always get an engaged tone.
    Does anyone know of any other number to contact them (preferably not French) or any other way to contact them.
    I know I probably can't get the fare refunded but there's €480 of taxes and surcharges that I'd like to get back.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Have you tried the numbers on this page?

http://www.cityjet.com/contact-us/
    CityJet do the Air France flights from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I ended up ringing France after all.
    Out of the €430 taxes I paid on the flights, I'm apparently only entitled to €120 back.
    So I lose €150 for the fares and €310 on taxes.
    Brilliant :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

what a sickener i thought they could not charge you taxes on a cancelled flight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dharn wrote: »
    what a sickener i thought they could not charge you taxes on a cancelled flight

They cannot, but they can charge you an admin fee to do the refund....

Advertisement