Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms close to IT Sligo

• 21-12-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Is there any gyms close to IT Sligo that have olympic barbells, power racks, bench press, etc?

I have read those other threads regarding gyms in Sligo, but they are a few years old. And I was hoping that maybe a new gym opened or one of those gyms have got new racks and the likes.

Which gym do you reckon would be best for doing bodybuilding/powerlifting type workouts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 evergreen1

137 views. 0 replies.........fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Clarion is probably the best one close to the IT, I think it's roughly €85 for 3 months off peak all inclusive for the gym, pool, sauna and steamroom.

Have a few free weights and other stuff (I don't know much about them :p).

Give them a ring: 071 - 911 9000 to get more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 evergreen1

€85? that's pretty cheap. will give them a ring to see what the craic is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

evergreen1 wrote: »
    €85? that's pretty cheap. will give them a ring to see what the craic is.

That's off peak, so anytime before 6pm I think, as long as you go in before 5:30ish pm, it's not busy and don't take the piss leaving late they don't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelongwait08

Hey mate
    Mercy College Gym in sligo is the best one to be honest power rack smith machine, bench press, incline bench press, cable cross over and great group of lads working out there its not too far from the it, just walk over the footbridge at the river and its behind the dunnestores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

I'd recomend the mercy if it's for weights you want it.

Advertisement