Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Rockness will be announcing in 3 or 4 days time.

Are'nt FF not far behind announcing? Thought i read it was something at the end of Jan (could be wrong though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/01/25/wilco-to-play-forbidden-fruit-festival/
    Word from our Windy City sources last night that Wilco will play on the Monday night at the Forbidden Fruit festival in Dublin over the June bank holiday weekend (June 2 to 4). They join the previously announced Factory Floor (who also play Dublin’s Banquet club at Tripod on February 3) and Grimes on the bill. Full line-up and ticket information to be announced next week.

a few more Primavera acts and some of the Field Day acts (both same weekend), and it could be a really good lineup.

was hoping though that the Monday night would a more low-key thing though. will probably either have to take the Tuesday off, or just not drink on Monday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

balls. was hoping for an indoor Wilco show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Fingers crossed for Wilco at Forbidden Fruit so then
    and one month on it could be true!

Forbidden Fruit Festival
    Early/Mid February for line up details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Get back from Primavera on the Monday evening around 6ish, i reckon straight to FF for some Wilco and then home to bed before work on the tuesday. Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I see there is a one day festival taking place in London the same weekend as Forbidden Fruit.

http://theapplecartfestival.com/

I reckon there could be some line-up crossover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Cure are definitely too big for this festivals budget, surely.

397836_10150722514133765_334150473764_12231420_2023483136_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

nm wrote: »
    The Cure are definitely too big for this festivals budget, surely.

I don't know. Are they that much bigger than the Flaming Lips who played last year? I'm sure they've got more money this year, too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

This is gonna be deadly

I don't know. Are they that much bigger than the Flaming Lips who played last year? I'm sure they've got more money this year, too.

Yea thats what i was thinking . I could see them getting Justice as well since they will in Cork on June 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Oh The Cure are a way bigger draw than The Flaming Lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Oh The Cure are a way bigger draw than The Flaming Lips.

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm guessing FF has about a 10,000 capacity?? Am i right?

The Cure are way too big to headline a festival this size. They'll be perfect for EP so looks like I'll have to make the trip to Laois!

I'd be pretty happy if the rumours are true that Justice and Wilco are two of the headliners.

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm guessing FF has about a 10,000 capacity?? Am i right?

The Cure are way too big to headline a festival this size. They'll be perfect for EP so looks like I'll have to make the trip to Laois!

I'd be pretty happy if the rumours are true that Justice and Wilco are two of the headliners.

Wilco are on the monday night by all accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Foals or Klaxons touring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Foals or Klaxons touring ?

Klaxons are playing Bilbao BBK festival in Spain in July, so they are a possibility, working on their third album at the minute, as are Foals so they are also a possibility!

What about these lads? Presume they will either do FF or EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I can see them playing or their side project the 2 bears. Think the best thing about Forbidden Fruit you don't know who might play its a real mix bag.

I would like to see Beardyman again.

Also maybe Bonobo, the field, Caribou and Jamie XX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There was an announcement yesterday for RockNess 2012, so perhaps some of these will be on the FF bill too.
    rockness20121.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Another band i think could headline would be

Another band i think could headline would be

no thanks. Don't think it's that type of festival, think it'll be a mix of prima/fieldmusic acts.

More acts have been confirmed for the 12th Primavera Sound which will take place at the Parc del Forum, Barcelona, Spain between Wednesday 30th May until Saturday 3rd June.

The latest additions are Aeroplane, AfroCubism, Atlas Sound, Beirut, Big Star, Benga, Black Lips, Bombino, Chavez, Danny Brown, Death Grips, Demdike Stare, Dominant Legs, Erol Alkan, Father John Misty, Girls, Harvey Milk, Hype Williams, Iceage, Japandroids, Kings Of Convenience, Lee Ranaldo, Main, Matias Aguayo, Melvins, Michael Gira (SWANS), Milk Music, Nick Garrie, Obits, Real Estate, Rebolledo, Refused, Richard Hawley, Rufus Wainwright, Rustie, Scuba, Sharon Van Etten, Sleepy Sun, St Etienne, The Chameleons, The Field, The Rapture, The War on Drugs, The Wedding Present, Thee Oh Sees, Trash Talk, Wavves, and Yann Tiersen.

Previously confirmed to appear are headliners Bjork, and The Cure plus Franz Ferdinand, Archers Of Loaf, Death In Vegas, The Afghan Whigs, Justice, Mazzy Star, Godflesh, Josh T. Pearson, Mudhoney, Olivia Tremor Control, SBTRKT, Shellac, The Drums, Veronica Falls, Washed Out, Wilco, Codeine, Jeff Mangum, Neon Indian, Other Lives, Yo La Tengo, Beach House, Lisabö, Siskiyou, Spiritualized, The XX, and a Numbers Showcase: Jackmaster, Oneman, Deadboy DJ, Spencer, Redinho, Napalm Death, Orthodox, Sleep, Grimes, AraabMuzik, Buffy Sainte-Marie, AA Bondy, Liturgy, Mayhem, A$AP Rocky, Baxter Dury, OFF!, Sandro Perri, and White Denim, with many more yet to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is the line up not supposed to be getting announced today?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I only heard "next week" but no day specified? they announced it at night last year IIRC, so there could well be a launch "event" tonight, haven't heard anything though...
    presume they'll just announce 15 or so acts, and have a "More TBA". tickets will presumably be more expensive now that it's going to be a 3 day thing...

have just seen on their facebook that they've said said it will be "early/mid feb", so probably next week...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

More acts have been confirmed for the 12th Primavera Sound which will take place at the Parc del Forum, Barcelona, Spain between Wednesday 30th May until Saturday 3rd June.

The latest additions are Aeroplane, AfroCubism, Atlas Sound, Beirut, Big Star, Benga, Black Lips, Bombino, Chavez, Danny Brown, Death Grips, Demdike Stare, Dominant Legs, Erol Alkan, Father John Misty, Girls, Harvey Milk, Hype Williams, Iceage, Japandroids, Kings Of Convenience, Lee Ranaldo, Main, Matias Aguayo, Melvins, Michael Gira (SWANS), Milk Music, Nick Garrie, Obits, Real Estate, Rebolledo, Refused, Richard Hawley, Rufus Wainwright, Rustie, Scuba, Sharon Van Etten, Sleepy Sun, St Etienne, The Chameleons, The Field, The Rapture, The War on Drugs, The Wedding Present, Thee Oh Sees, Trash Talk, Wavves, and Yann Tiersen.

Previously confirmed to appear are headliners Bjork, and The Cure plus Franz Ferdinand, Archers Of Loaf, Death In Vegas, The Afghan Whigs, Justice, Mazzy Star, Godflesh, Josh T. Pearson, Mudhoney, Olivia Tremor Control, SBTRKT, Shellac, The Drums, Veronica Falls, Washed Out, Wilco, Codeine, Jeff Mangum, Neon Indian, Other Lives, Yo La Tengo, Beach House, Lisabö, Siskiyou, Spiritualized, The XX, and a Numbers Showcase: Jackmaster, Oneman, Deadboy DJ, Spencer, Redinho, Napalm Death, Orthodox, Sleep, Grimes, AraabMuzik, Buffy Sainte-Marie, AA Bondy, Liturgy, Mayhem, A$AP Rocky, Baxter Dury, OFF!, Sandro Perri, and White Denim, with many more yet to be announced.

That is quite possibly the best line up I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lordgoat wrote: »
    Wilco are on the monday night by all accounts.

Best band in the world! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Any of These and I'd be happy. The Twilight Sad, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Soft Moon, Soap&Skin, Tim Hecker or John Maus. I'd pay double the admission fee, seriously!

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »
    Any of These and I'd be happy. The Twilight Sad, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Soft Moon, Soap&Skin, Tim Hecker or John Maus. I'd pay double the admission fee, seriously!

Welcome fellow Hecker fan! Maus played a few weeks ago, so not sure if he'll be back anytime soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement