Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

any news on this ? thought there was to be an announcement last week

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Yeah, get the finger out Forbidden Fruit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

On a FB comment some guy left on the 31st on Jan , FF replied "Coming Soon" so id say within the next week or so???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

See what happens when you win a couple of awards. Getting to big for their boots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they said last week it would be "early/mid Feb" for the first announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

The magician is playing this, has it up on his facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/themagicianmusic

The Flaming Lips, Dizzee Rascal, Nero, Noah and the Whale, and Justice top the line-up announced today for Parklife Festival which returns for a third year over two days at Platts Field Park, Manchester on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2012.

Also confirmed are Crystal Castles, Labrinth, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers, Azealia Banks, Kelis, De La Soul, DJ Fresh, Buraka Som Sistema, The Rapture, Pendulum (DJ set), Zane Lowe, Annie Mac, Sub Focus (DJ Set), Erol Alkan, Fake Blood, Maya Jane Coles, Damian Lazarus, Claude Von Stroke, and Ghostpoet.

Plus appearing over the two days will be Tom Vek, Delilah, Madeon, Shy FX, Redlight, Caspa, Mount Kimbie, Maceo Plex, High Contrast, Tensnake, Soul Clap, Jacques Lu Cont, Zinc, Simian Mobile Disco (DJ Set), Art Department, Spector, and Mistajam.

The line-up also includes James Zabiela, Netsky, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Wolf and Lamb, Friends, Gold Panda, Twin Shadow, The Field, Julio Bashmore, Artwork, The Cuban Brothers, David Rodigan, Jessie Alan, London Elektricity, Heidi, Tempa T, Damu, DJ Yoda, Django Django, Joy Orbison, DJ Hype, and AraabMuzik.

Also confirmed for the Manchester Bash are Busy P, Danny Daze, Factory Floor, Thundercat, Todd Edwards, D/R/U/G/S, Dam Funk & Master Blazter, Loadstar, Jaguar Skills, Jackmaster, Pearson Sound, The Phenomenal Handclap Band, Danny Byrd, Miguel Campbell presents MAM (live), Other Lives, Clive Henry, Ben UFO, Subb-an, Floating Points, Space Dimension Controller, Toddla T, Oneman, 16bit, B.Traits, Lone, Eats Everything, Stay +, Jessie Ware, Daedelus, Com Truise, Murkage, To Kill A King, Justin Robertson, Dot Rotten, Goldie, Feel my Bicep, Logistics, Screendeath, Dynamite MC, Romano Alfieri & Luca Bear, Nu:Tone, Fred V b2b Grafix, Will Tramp, Zutekh, Marco Effie & James Mile, Now Wave DJs, Spy, Rich Reason, North Base, Juicy DJs, Drop The Mustard, Krysko, James Rand, DJ Ellesse, and Jozef K.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

line-up announced today for Parklife Festival which returns for a third year over two days at Platts Field Park, Manchester on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2012.

Eh but isn't that the weekend after Forbidden Fruit?

Eh but isn't that the weekend after Forbidden Fruit?

Yup but some of the bands could be around Europe around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

lordgoat wrote: »
    Welcome fellow Hecker fan! Maus played a few weeks ago, so not sure if he'll be back anytime soon.

When I read that first I thought you said Hecker played recently, and I nearly had a heart attack that I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

frantic190 wrote: »
    When I read that first I thought you said Hecker played recently, and I nearly had a heart attack that I missed it.

Not yet anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So where is the announcement already?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Wheatus are in the UK around the same time as FF :D Some chessy sing songs would be great

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/120210h.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think I'm right in thinking these things are usually announced on a Wednesday in this country. So, I guess it will be next Wednesday when they announce it, considering they said mid February at the latest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

397836_10150722514133765_334150473764_12231420_2023483136_n.jpg

That's the worst rockness lineup ive seen in a few years.Ed Sheeran as (almost) a headliner is a sad sad thing. Anyway, I only heard yesterday about Wilco being suggested for this, If it is true I shall definitely be there. Easily one of the best live bands I've ever seen, and with Nels Cline as well there is a little extra reason to see them.

Weepsie wrote: »
    That's the worst rockness lineup ive seen in a few years.Ed Sheeran as (almost) a headliner is a sad sad thing. Anyway, I only heard yesterday about Wilco being suggested for this, If it is true I shall definitely be there. Easily one of the best live bands I've ever seen, and with Nels Cline as well there is a little extra reason to see them.

Wilco are playing the Monday night. And they're also better than any band playing at any of the lineups from other festivals.

Also Wheetus? Honestly, nearly as bad as the eagles.

Weepsie wrote: »

Kinda agree the 2010 one was the last great line up the festival had.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

The delay in announcement has lost me to Field Day and Parklife....there hasnt even been any teasers as to what expect, plus don't want to be surrounded by moany hipsters who just worry about getting a pint instead of watching a band!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The delay in announcement has lost me to Field Day and Parklife....there hasnt even been any teasers as to what expect, plus don't want to be surrounded by moany hipsters who just worry about getting a pint instead of watching a band!

meeow!

i wouldn't be going to Field Day if i wanted to avoid moany hipsters tbh. anyone i know who has gone said it's pretty poorly organised too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Wheatus are in the UK around the same time as FF :D Some chessy sing songs would be great

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/120210h.shtml

:eek::eek::eek:

Surely they'd be better suited for somewhere like Oxegen (ok I know Oxegen isn't happening but I think it would be a sad day for FB if Wheatus were announced!).

The delay in announcement has lost me to Field Day and Parklife....there hasnt even been any teasers as to what expect, plus don't want to be surrounded by moany hipster s who just worry about getting a pint instead of watching a band!

Hilarious.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I think I'm right in thinking these things are usually announced on a Wednesday in this country. So, I guess it will be next Wednesday when they announce it, considering they said mid February at the latest.

So maybe tea time tomorrow hopefully or in the evening sometime on 2FM, if not tomorrow, well fcuk it will not bother, will probably do Life festival before it and EP to finish the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

They said on the FB page that an announcement will be coming soon. I would imagine they've had their hands full dealing with the Tripod and Crawdaddy closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Becker Suite

Anyone else hear rumours this has been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I haven't personally heard anything about this been cancelled, I wouldn't be surprised though. Not shaping up as a great summer for festivals. Ah well, if it's true least we still have the Euro's.

http://www.facebook.com/forbiddenfruitfestival/posts/319927781387487
    Forbidden Fruit Festival
    Details coming soon. It will be worth the wait!
    Monday at 17:57

along with the bands we know of already booked, and no doubt loads more already booked that we don't know about, i doubt it's cancelled.

they've been saying since January that it would be early/mid Feb for the announcement, and even then, things often get pushed back. it wasn't announced until Feb 22nd last year....

if we get a few weeks into March i'd start to get concerned...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I hope it's only rumours! Even with the initial teething problems they had last year I thought it was a great festival & I loved the lineup. Really looking forward to seeing Wilco & Grimes so they better not cancel!! I would like if they put us out of our misery at this stage though and just made the announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

hope to hear something on this soon, great stuff last year.

• Advertisement

Forbidden Fruit Festival
    We've an announcement coming soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement