Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shame Wilco aren't playing their own gig. We're not going to get the 2 hrs 15 mins they usually play at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Bit of a meh from me. I do want to see New Order however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

New Order, grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Leftfield
    Booka Shade
    The Field
    Factory Floor
    Le Galaxie
    Toby Kaar
    The Rapture
    Death in Vegas
    Modeselektor
    Atlas Sound
    Austra
    Grimes
    Rarely Seen Above Ground
    Mazzy Star
    Field Music

plenty to keep me entertained!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

421233_325573864156212_156564297723837_898291_787582097_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

That poster design is horrible. blech.

Might go, maybe friday or Saturday. Was great fun last year.

Think im gonna wait to see what Sea Sessions and Indiependance announce , because this really isnt doing it for me this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 onelinedrawing

Outside of the official announcement Lower Dens have announced their Euro tour which includes a FF date , also is nobody psyched for Andrew Bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Decent lineup, unfortunately I've seen a lot of the acts before. €50 is good for a day ticket, might go on the Sunday. Have to see the full bill beforehand.

fits wrote: »
    That poster design is horrible. blech.

I like it! Very late 60s San Francisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Andrew Bird, Wilco, Death Cab, Beirut, Grimes, New Order..!! for 100 quid?? ehh yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Mr.S wrote: »
    Really excited for Friday / Saturday, will pick up a ticket tomorow :)

Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

The Nal wrote: »
    I like it! Very late 60s San Francisco.

It just feels very dated to me, I would like to see a more subtle colour palette in a festival artwork now. Its very similar to EP/Oxygen etc of recent years with the rainbow palette etc..

but to each their own :D as long as the music is good thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

New Order, grand job. Shame Hooky is not playing with them given he is in Dublin the following Friday.

Leftfield, meh. Was hugely disappointed with them last time I saw them in Brixton.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Have to say meh so far , bar Death Cab For Cutie

Of all the bands you single out to not be 'meh' you pick death cab? Don't get me wrong they are a decent band but there are some really interesting bands on that line up, i'd say that you might not konw them all tbh.
    Leftfield
    Booka Shade
    The Field
    Factory Floor
    Le Galaxie
    Toby Kaar
    The Rapture
    Death in Vegas
    Modeselektor
    Atlas Sound
    Austra
    Grimes
    Rarely Seen Above Ground
    Mazzy Star
    Field Music

plenty to keep me entertained!

No love for the Wilco boys?

Only gripe is that Austra/Grimes aren't on the Monday, will be a trek coming from the airport straight to this. Happy with the line up overall, think it's just left of mainstream enough to sell out and bring acts that normally might not get the turn out they deserve to a wider audience.

Ghostdancers list is pretty much what i would go see. Stick Andrew Bird and Wilco on to it and that's me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So where is Bat for Lashes? I thought she was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

I'm gonna get a one day ticket for Sunday.

Wilco, Beirut, JVM and Andrew Bird will easily be worth the 45 quid. The rest of the acts I could sort of take or leave to be honest. Apart from Atlas Sound, they put all the acts I like on the one day!

Phone/internet bookings subject to service charge of EU6.35.

Not surprising, but still :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

david_etc wrote: »
    Phone/internet bookings subject to service charge of EU6.35.

Not surprising, but still :mad:
    Bastards

david_etc wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a one day ticket for Sunday.

Wilco, Beirut, JVM and Andrew Bird will easily be worth the 45 quid. The rest of the acts I could sort of take or leave to be honest. Apart from Atlas Sound, they put all the acts I like on the one day!

That's the Mondat line up you're quoting there, just in case you get a sunday one by accident!

• Advertisement

To anyone who hasn't seen them, or seen them on this tour, I was at a Wilco gig in Berlin in November and The Art of Almost will blow your mind! :)

lordgoat wrote: »
    Of all the bands you single out to not be 'meh' you pick death cab? Don't get me wrong they are a decent band but there are some really interesting bands on that line up, i'd say that you might not konw them all tbh.

No love for the Wilco boys?

Only gripe is that Austra/Grimes aren't on the Monday, will be a trek coming from the airport straight to this. Happy with the line up overall, think it's just left of mainstream enough to sell out and bring acts that normally might not get the turn out they deserve to a wider audience.

Ghostdancers list is pretty much what i would go see. Stick Andrew Bird and Wilco on to it and that's me!

Its just that i only listen to Death Cab out of everyone . I do recognise most of the bands but i would'nt be mad into them or they wont really make run out and get a ticket but thats just my opinion

lordgoat wrote: »
    That's the Mondat line up you're quoting there, just in case you get a sunday one by accident!

Ha thanks, yeah I dunno why I keep thinking it's a Friday-Saturday-Sunday gig alá EP. Thanks for pointing that out...could have been very embarassing!

The Nal wrote: »
    To anyone who hasn't seen them, or seen them on this tour, I was at a Wilco gig in Berlin in November and The Art of Almost will blow your mind! :)

Off to Stockholm to see em at the weekend, i literally cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm pretty underwhelmed.. would like to see Leftfield, New Order and Modeselektor, but other than that I've pretty much seen everyone else there that I'd be interested in. Really thought Justice would have been announced seeing as they're playing Cork on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Going to be a Saturday for me. Pretty good value for 45 Looking forward to Leftfield
    Booka Shade, The Field, Factory Floor and Bloody Beetroots. Can only go the one day. So hoping Django Django will be added. Sunday looks pretty good would have loved to see both Austra & Grimes hopefully well at the picnic.

Its a shame they have to close so early 10.45 sure the night is only young.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Interesting enough line up, but I find POD is just been lazy by giving us bands who have already played EP for the last few years, was expecting a few new artists to be announced too, would like to see Bat for Lashes again though yet this initial leak has not materialised.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

delighted with new order ,death cab n bloody beetroots being on the same day , will be going to this :D really good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Is that the final line up now? As in no more to be announced.

I think I would go for the Sunday but I was expecting something a bit more wow tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The actual poster says more to be announced. http://forbiddenfruit.ie/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement