Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The actual poster says more to be announced. http://forbiddenfruit.ie/
    Yep there was defo a few more acts announced closer to the date last year...think Bombay Bicycle club may have been announced quite late plus others so there's still every possibility of a decent addition.

I'll be getting a ticket for the Sunday anyways, loved the festival last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Booked.
    Can relax now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Yeah got my Monday ticket, but clearly FF hadn't been expecting such traffic on their site. There I was at about five to ten, thinking I'll browse the website while I'm waiting and the whole thing just freezes and crashes. Happened to a friend of mine as well, hope this didn't affect anyone getting an early bird ticket (I don't know how many there are of them i.e. if they're going to sell out quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sunday ticket bought!

Same as...
    Nice

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Squelchy wrote: »
    Booked.
    Can relax now. :)

same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Lower Dens self confirmed for the Sunday

http://lowerdens.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going Saturday and Sunday myself. Only Death Cab are appealing to me so far on the Saturday but hopefully that will change. Sunday is going to be a lot of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I booked my ticket for Saturday and Sunday. I'm looking forward to see Le Galaxie and Toby Kaar on Saturday as well as Grimes, Death in Vegas, Austra, RSAG and Kool Thing on Sunday. It's also mighty handy that the festival is a short-ish walk up the road from my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

lordgoat wrote: »
    same!

x3!

ticket bought, accommodation in Dublin booked, added to google calendar. can relax

The rapture are quality. Surprised more people aren't excited about seeing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How do people feel about it being on Sat/Sun/Mon as opposed to Fri/Sat/Sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

what does everyone think is the strongest and weakest days of the festival? Monday doesnt look great at all

Rastapitts wrote: »
    what does everyone think is the strongest and weakest days of the festival? Monday doesnt look great at all

Funny you say that, because Monday is the only day I'd consider going to (and by consider, I mean I've already bought my ticket). For me Satuday is by far the weakest day. Tbh, Monday is just perfect for me, it gets almost all the artists I would like to see in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Nal wrote: »
    tbh, if they started at 2pm on the Friday, i'd take Friday off, recover Monday (bank holiday) and go back to work on Tuesday.
    now i'll just work Friday, and probably take Tuesday off, so either way it's 1 day holidays to take.
    Monday is definitely the one i'm least interested about so far, so if there isn't much in the final lineup for Monday, i might not take Tuesday and just go to FF on Monday for a few hours and not drink, especially as I'll probably end up going out on Sat and Sun after FF finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

The rapture are quality. Surprised more people aren't excited about seeing them

class on record but don't look great live from youtube clips. and the new album isn't great. good but not great. definitely going to see 'em though.
    Monday is definitely the one i'm least interested about so far, so if there isn't much in the final lineup for Monday, i might not take Tuesday and just go to FF on Monday for a few hours and not drink, especially as I'll probably end up going out on Sat and Sun after FF finishes.

Monday is good but definitely a chillout day, I won't be drinking as well I'd say.

Anyone going to Deadmau5 on the Wednesday and then Jayz/kanye on the Friday as well? Going to be hard to recover energy for that week, getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can't make it that day and I'm not terribly interested in seeing most of the acts that day anyway. Makes sense to have the last day on the bank holiday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Doesn't matter to me. Besides being a bank holiday it makes sense logistically as it means more acts will be able to fit it in their tour schedules (for example Primavera runs Thu/Fri/Sat that weekend).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

honru wrote: »
    (for example Primavera runs Thu/Fri/Sat that weekend).

Ah ok didn't know that! Bit of crossover on the acts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Wilco - gig number 13 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Going to get Monday ticket. €50 well worth for JVM, Wilco and Beirut!!

I seen James McMorrow last year in the Olympia absolutly stunning gig. Also really looking forward to eventually seeing Beirut being following them for a couple of years now.

Would love to see Wilco too, never seen them live before, I just hope they aren't on the same time as Beirut or James McMorrow. Is there any idea when stage times will be released?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

what sort of music is it? havn't heard of it before..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

vider12 wrote: »
    what sort of music is it? havn't heard of it before..

If you don't recognise any of the bands on the list so far, of approx 30, then I'm not sure you woudl enjoy it. Its not a rock, pop, dance fesitival.

If you are interested; Youtube the bands names and see if you like any. If you do, its always good to have more fans of bands and artists, get yourself a ticket and head along!

Going to get Monday ticket. €50 well worth for JVM, Wilco and Beirut!!

I seen James McMorrow last year in the Olympia absolutly stunning gig. Also really looking forward to eventually seeing Beirut being following them for a couple of years now.

Would love to see Wilco too, never seen them live before, I just hope they aren't on the same time as Beirut or James McMorrow. Is there any idea when stage times will be released?
    probably about a week before it starts.

Wilco - gig number 13 for me.

Wow, fair play. This will be my fourth time seeing them...which pales next to your record!

There is something nice about an outdoor Wilco gig, but the only downside is they would play for double the time if they were in Vicar Street or wherever. Last time they played here there were on from 9-11.45. Missed the last bus home but I certainly got my money's worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

david_etc wrote: »
    Wow, fair play. This will be my fourth time seeing them...which pales next to your record!

There is something nice about an outdoor Wilco gig, but the only downside is they would play for double the time if they were in Vicar Street or wherever. Last time they played here there were on from 9-11.45. Missed the last bus home but I certainly got my money's worth!

Same here ..... Anyone know how long they might play, are we talking about an hour or so as headline act or could it be closer to 2 hours. Is the 10.45 curfew strictly enforced? I think they played later in Vicar st. before than other bands I've seen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The curfew no doubt will be strict enough because it's outdoor an in the city and large crowds leaving later in the night will be jsut as loud and disturb residents they'd be passing.

Got my ticket this morning. Looking forward to it all.

going by the times from last year, Wilco will probably get 90mins-2hrs

http://www.state.ie/28084-news/forbidden-fruit-stage-times

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

going by the times from last year, Wilco will probably get 90mins-2hrs

http://www.state.ie/28084-news/forbidden-fruit-stage-times

Can't access that in work but cheers will have a look later. At that length of performance and with the other bands thrown in Monday is looking good.

An hour and a half is pretty much the standard amount of time for a headline act at a festival. That link pretty much confirms it.

Wilco are usually pretty good at picking their setlists for the right occasion though. They'll throw in enough crowd pleasers (Misunderstood, Jesus Etc, Impossible Germany) to balance with a couple of the new ones.

• Advertisement

Fun fact: I actually used this as a my username because I was listening to Jesus Etc at the time. Not that I'm comparing myself to Jesus or anything...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement