Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cold Calling

• 21-12-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I just got a cold call from Eircom regarding my phone and broadband package. The salesman was trying to get me to agree to enter into a further 12 month contract. I said no thanks i'm happy as I am, out of contract and just rolling month by month. He is telling me that eircom no longer offer a month by month agreement and that I would have to agree to a 12 month contract or my phone and broadband would simply be discontinued.

This sounds ridiculous to me. Is there any truth in what he was saying or is he simply pressing for a sale?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

arseagon wrote: »
    I just got a cold call from Eircom regarding my phone and broadband package. The salesman was trying to get me to agree to enter into a further 12 month contract. I said no thanks i'm happy as I am, out of contract and just rolling month by month. He is telling me that eircom no longer offer a month by month agreement and that I would have to agree to a 12 month contract or my phone and broadband would simply be discontinued.

This sounds ridiculous to me. Is there any truth in what he was saying or is he simply pressing for a sale?

He was lying out of his ass.

That would be the worst move any company would ever make, Especially Eircon the would just be pressuring people to leave there service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

That is definitely not the case unless you take out a new broadband product from scratch.

You should just hang up on him!

Most likely it's some 3rd party doing calls on behalf of eircom.

You should post this on the eircom forum : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

I'm sure they'd like to know about a rogue telemarketer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Run a mile! I had major problems with Eircom after an eircom salesman called to my house and convinced me to change back to Eircom. He spun all sorts of stories about faster broadband speeds and cheaper price than I was on before.

I realised that evening that it was actually a much worse deal.

I cancelled the contract the next morning (7 day cooling off period) BUT eircom say that I never cancelled it. I have a bill from Eircom for over €800 which is just going in the bin.

Eircom appear to be emplying "any old riff-raff" as sales people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

If a mod want's to move this to the Eircom folder feel free. Don't want to cross post.

The reason I don't want to change off the package I'm on is because I have 6meg dsl on it but the line only pre quals for 3meg. If they change it they'll downgrade the dsl to the pre qual speed even though I know the line can take 6. :rolleyes:

I had a feeling I was being fed a line alright.

Advertisement