Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guaibasaurus was warm blooded, slept like a bird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Got any sources in English? I can't seem to find any myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Got any sources in English? I can't seem to find any myself.

Sorry haven´t seen any

Win some , lose some :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

When it reaches nature magazine or any more mainstream science journal Ill copy and paste it here.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    When it reaches nature magazine or any more mainstream science journal Ill copy and paste it here.

Just a precaution, I think that may be illegal now due to our silly new SOPA clone law.

sopapod.jpg

Just a precaution, I think that may be illegal now due to our silly new SOPA clone law.

sopapod.jpg

Good point! The latest science should be available to everyone though :(

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Good point! The latest science should be available to everyone though :(

To paraphrase legendary fossil hunter Othniel Charles Marsh:
    "Science is not for people, science is for scientists!"

:pac:

The bastard! And most scientists today feel the same way. :mad: I'd like to see what paleontologists would do without artists to bring the creatures back to life, something that they obviously can´t do.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    The bastard! And most scientists today feel the same way. :mad: I'd like to see what paleontologists would do without artists to bring the creatures back to life, something that they obviously can´t do.

To my mind Adam is a scientist who is interested in science and pursues the truth using science, not a piece of paper stating your a scientist.

• Advertisement

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I'd like to see what paleontologists would do without artists to bring the creatures back to life, something that they obviously can´t do.

Yeah?

Bad example- Bob Bakker is as much an artist as a scientist. One of the few non-squares out there ;D

I like Bakker an awful lot. His frequent appearances on Jurassica (AKA Pealeoworld) were an inspiration to me as a child. It's rare that you get someone who can properly convey proper science with a childlike enthusiasm that ropes people in. The guys on Jurassic Fight Club try to replicate it, but it's just not the same...

I like Bakker an awful lot. His frequent appearances on Jurassica (AKA Pealeoworld) were an inspiration to me as a child. It's rare that you get someone who can properly convey proper science with a childlike enthusiasm that ropes people in. The guys on Jurassic Fight Club try to replicate it, but it's just not the same...

I know right! :D And unlike others, he's all for giving as much info to laypeople as he possibly can. :> His art is quite good too :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Astro physicists tend to be free with their information because it has so little commercial value.

Sucks when you realise how much public money goes into the uni's and companies that lock down research or paywalled sites :(

'Gives us money so we can sell you things'.

Advertisement